Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FUTURE OF THE FORTRESS Community Fortress  (Read 735 times)

Rusty Mcloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
FUTURE OF THE FORTRESS Community Fortress
« on: June 13, 2009, 07:13:47 pm »

Greetings, pastlings!

I have traveled here from year 20x6 to tell you from my own experience the FUTURE OF DWARF FORTRESS!  I have promised the Rightful Overlords’ Bureau of Time Travel, Trade, and Tourism not to tell you about the geo-political situation in year 20x6, but I can tell you more about the Toady One’s masterpiece!

For example, now DF has been graphically enhanced to use not only ASCII but Unicode!  It’s true!

We are going to play a community fortress on the future version of DF! 

First, download the future version of DF from Archive.org:
http://web.archive.org/web/20x60101/http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/index.html

Then, load up the community fortress Swordgraven.  Then describe your adventures!

Special thanks for Mcloon letting me use his screen name in exchange for winning lottery numbers.  I didn’t need them anymore!  Haha!  Don’t be jealous!  In ten years your currency is so inflated it won’t matter how much he wins!

Explanation:
What do you think DF will be like if it is under continued development decades from now?  This is fantasy community fortress.  Describe what adventures you think you could have in the future of DF.

Swordgraven is a fortress built by on a fault line.  It is subject to frequent earthquakes that may cause cave-ins in poorly supported mines.  The dwarves have chosen this hazardous location because it is rich in mineral resources.  It has a river with a waterfall that tumbles 5 z-levels, the bottom of which is abounding in carp and lampreys.  There is thought to be an underground magma pipe somewhere in the vicinity.  This is a temperate region, so expect icy winters.

Neighboring civilizations include two human civilizations, elves, and bloodthirsty goblins known mount beakdogs.  There may be alliances between these civilizations, so watch out!

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FUTURE OF THE FORTRESS Community Fortress
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 04:54:41 pm »

Say what? This looks entirely too good to be true. As well as incoherent.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FUTURE OF THE FORTRESS Community Fortress
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 08:58:40 pm »

Little late for april's fools, you know. Check the calendar next time.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.