Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Moving caged arena fodders.

(1/2) > >>

Dameleth:
Sooo... I've heard all about arena's, but I've never quite figured out. How exactly do you get the caged goblins, titans, or whatever into them? Seems if I try to transfer cage to cage they just stab the peasant and make a break for it.

Leafsnail:
My goblins never seem to escape when I try to move them.  The same can't be said for any of the other creatures I've tried to do this with.

Demonic Spoon:
You can use the clunky system of building the cage with the goblin in it in the arena and then linking it up to a lever and then releasing the goblin via pulling the lever.

Kidiri:
The way I do it is a fairly safe way: I build an airlock using floodgates. I build the cage in the space between the two floodgates, hook it up to a lever and close the floodgate. I then pull the lever to open the cage and release it into the arena. The reason I do this in that order, is because otherwise it might be that the cage or mechanism gets under the floodgate, making it impossible for it to close.

Other people prefer to put an animal stockpile right next to the arena, designate it as an animal pit and throw the gobbos in.

Dameleth:
Thank you everyone for your help. Looks like I'll have a lovely arena to pit my wrestling squad in, or archers.. or annoying nobles. >=D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version