Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: What are you looking forward to most?  (Read 5383 times)

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you looking forward to most?
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2009, 11:29:17 pm »

Better adventure mode (building houses, better quests, better generated fortresses etc.) This seems like the most popular request up with magic arcs.
I wonder if either will get in

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2009, 11:54:23 pm »

Yeah, adventurer buildings are up there, but favourite is...

NEVERENDING ATTACKS!  ;D Seriously, the underground is actually interesting now.

Also, all the stuff for the military thats been mentioned so far; Duty rosters, weapon prefs, everything.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2009, 08:27:28 am »

NEVERENDING ATTACKS!  ;D Seriously, the underground is actually interesting now.

Also, all the stuff for the military thats been mentioned so far; Duty rosters, weapon prefs, everything.
Hey, what exactly is Neverending attacks? A loop when you hit them, or, something? :/
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2009, 09:35:39 am »

I don't know if all of these are actually somewhere on the 'to do' list, but here's my ultimate wishlist... in no particular order.

1. improved menu management and equipping of dwarves. Scrolling through all those menues in legends mode just to find out what happened to one particular leader is so painful that I don't really want to do it. Plus the painfulness of many other lists, like the overcluttered armor in stocks that doesn't distinguish between size and quality, etc.

2. Adventure mode improvements, mostly more varied quests, SHOPS FOR NON-HUMANS  :P and much greater possibilities for interesting exploration and adventurer / world development

3. Having fortresses taken over by an AI instead of abandoning them when you want to start something new. How cool would it be to have an adventurer start and get quests in one of your previous fortresses?

4. (because 3 just are not enough) Greatly improved interaction of your fortress with the rest of the world. Army arc, but also diplomacy / economy / religions etc

Jualin

• Bay Watcher
  • What's that sound?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2009, 12:23:08 pm »

When it finally comes around, standing orders. It would do for food management what the ability to mass build walls and floors did for constructing immense structures.

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2009, 06:21:06 pm »

The game being hard and challenging.

Surviving winter being an accomplishment again.

Ah... Yeah. Right now, everything is SO easy it isn't even funny. Goblin armies come two or three times before giving up and retreat after a few (VERY few) casualties, Megabeasts are cheaper than ever (The multiname hydra who was uncounscious when it arrived on my map because one of it toe were missing... what the fuck ? A giant monster who killed several people, falling on the groud due to the pain caused by a cut toe ?), food is ridiculously abundant (and expensive when it come to selling it).... If you don't take into account Lava and Water mistakes, nothing will trouble you anymore.

Add to the list: The fact that you can catch megabeasts in wooden (!) cages. That just shouldn't be possible.

Edit to add: A totally awesome new feature would be a difficulty mechanism that adjusts to your playstyle. If you were still completely unscathed with adamantine-clad champions in the 6th year, the game would generate a few supermonsters to keep you on your toes. Or an earthquake. Or an acidic slime that destroys all adamantine. Or...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 06:28:04 pm by Saeldanya »

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2009, 08:00:25 pm »

Fun bugs?
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

MMad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2009, 05:08:59 am »

Meta-game / civilization layer that allows you to expand your civilization through new settlements and conquest. So that "playing the world" will actually be interesting.

Oh, and better graphics support, and improved interface. :)
"Ask not what your fortress can do for you - ask what you can do for your fortress."
Unapologetic ASCII abolitionist.

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2009, 03:55:26 am »

1) More advanced siege + combat systems - better sieges = more fun  ;D

2) the Magic system, given that there will hopefully be a TURN INSIDE-OUT spell. Oh the blood-spattered organ-mutilated joy!

As to the annoying matter of how weak megabeasts seem to be now, my current world contains a hundred year old kobold who has killed 3 bronze colossus. He came to my fort. He killed three champions in masterwork armor. I'm more than a little scared of him. He also stole a sock.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2009, 04:02:47 am »

ARENA BATTLING DRAGONS. WHICH ONE WINS RED DRAGON OR YELLOW DRAGON. NOW WE CAN KNOW!

Seriously, Toady's arena allows some sweet and quick modding capabilities over the current form of loading a whole world for an adventure for a race that might not exist.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2009, 05:46:52 am »

Hey, what exactly is Neverending attacks? A loop when you hit them, or, something? :/

It refers to the fact chasm/magma/cave river critters respawn from map edges now. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2009, 09:48:31 pm »

1. adventurer mode skills. digging into an enemy fortress for the attack? hell yes!
2. army arc/ seiging other fortresses for supplies. digging into an enemy fortress for the attack? hell yes!
3. useful magic. digging into an enemy fortress for the attack? hell yes!
4. fleshed out arena mode with civilians, too. digging into an enemy fortress for the attack? hell yes!

Yeah, pretty much anything that will flesh out the game, combat particuarily. plus, make miners more useful for sieges.  If they could create pit traps and the like, I would be only able to say SQUEE for several days.
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2009, 09:53:31 pm »

Getting to play v1.

Seriously, it could just have a giant screen saying "SUCK IT" every time you select a dwarf and I would still dump every version of 40d I've got.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]