Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tag that allows any creature to be used as a pet.  (Read 533 times)

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
Tag that allows any creature to be used as a pet.
« on: June 15, 2009, 08:46:12 pm »

I'm currently working on a mod that has a slaver race which will sell, every creature I know there is a tag to allow this but i can't remember what it is called.
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: Tag that allows any creature to be used as a pet.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 09:12:19 pm »

[PET], [trAINABLE] if you want them to be able to be trained as war/hunting animals.
This will not, however, make sentient races able to be captured and sold by others.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 09:18:40 pm »

Well I'll Scrap the slavers then.
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 09:34:50 pm »

No, I was pretty sure someone had a civ forge "glitch" in which ____men were being sold by elves and would do jobs. They had incomplete personality profiles, this has been used of fame in Nist Akath.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 01:29:57 am »

I got a ratman child as an immigrant which sadly died of thirst.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 02:59:57 am »

Yeah, I guess I'm using sentient wrong, what I meant to say is, any race that has an entity file.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 01:44:55 pm »

I read somewhere about adding a tag to dwarves that makes dwarven caravans have all creatures available and also show up on embark menu

Take a look around
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 03:57:05 pm »

I think that's [USE_ANY_PET] or something like it. Vanilla elves have that in their entity file, so look in there. It allows you to request things like giant bats and giant eagles from the dwarves. Any animal they have access to.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.