Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suggestion on LCS  (Read 710 times)

Reaver

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Suggestion on LCS
« on: June 16, 2009, 01:16:05 am »

Hello, Forum!

I've been following LCS for about a month or so, and I have to say the game is /fun/. It's pretty immersive, but I had a mutual suggestion from my point of view.

I've heard rumors that the game changes at about 2100, and this brought me an idea, something I'd like to see, really. That is an expansion on the future, cybernetics, AI, robots, people with goggles called the Thought Police, 1984 for real, a conservative nightmare. With that, a choice to start in modern times or this bleak future.  (Like choosing hard and easy mode).

As well, I'd like to see some expansions on the romance section of the game. Maybe not so much as a dating sim, just some more implications of which partner you choose based on their status in the world.

And finally, an expansion on baking cookies and corporations. (Making clothes is great, but what about mass production, makeshift weapons on the field for raids, etc.) Everything large and small, and possibly more crafting in 2100 when there's more effective things to build.

Edit: Agh, this is the last one, promise. Better command interface. When you get into the numbers of having 30-60 members in your crime squad, things get messy. Terribly messy. Would like to see some more stuff with the grouping, maybe moving things around a little bit and squad sorting, ANSI coloring, etc.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:18:49 am by Reaver »

Winter Knight

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion on LCS
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 05:45:31 pm »

You mention ANSI coloring.  Anything specific that could be colored to be more clear without having to implement your other suggestions?  Because that's relatively easy stuff to change.

Reaver

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 12:58:34 am »

I was thinking of an ability to sort squads by ANSI coloring, like all of Magenta would be Squad: X and all of Yellow would be Squad: Y. It would be more of a "Quick glance, ahah! I see you one person that goes to this squad" when squads span several pages.

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 01:24:22 am »

Giving alphanumeric codenames helps, but I'd be pleased to have a more streamlined management system.

More cottage industries would be okay, but probably something that should be put on the backburner.

Romantic subplots? Eh, wouldn't be opposed to it, but I would like a method of opting out of such things.

Reaver

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 08:05:23 am »

Not so much as subplots as.. Well. More implications depending on who your using as a love-slave. It ties into the industrialization in that if you have control of the landlord to an apartment, there are discounts or free rooms.

Genetics corporation CEO? Some more liberal tendencies in the company without going elite liberal, or at least a gradual change.

Stuff like that, but granted. socialization is already a DANGEROUS force in the game. 16 Seduction, 16 Persuasion, 15 Disguise, 7 Security, 5 Computers.

I could do almost anything in the game, Eve Parker is the one character I won with.