Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Elf Appreciation Thread  (Read 5700 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Appreciation Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 10:44:42 am »

Nay, tree brother, I shall help you and others appreciate elves!

(Spoilered for size... and, erm... 'other things'.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oi! I'm at work! Atleast make it abit more clear, like an NSFW tag or something, the 'other things' warning is not enough for slow people.. and I am kinda slow.. sometimes.  :D

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 10:47:08 am »

I like elves! Elven exports are the best, be it elven wood, elven cloth, elven fruit, elven creatures, or elven maidens.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 11:00:20 am »

I like elves! Elven exports are the best, be it elven wood, elven cloth, elven fruit, elven creatures, or elven maidens.
Agreed. Elven Maidens make good eating. :)
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 11:04:13 am »

I caged some Elven Maidens, stripped them of their things and placed them in a gallery/zoo for my dwarves to ogle.

Okay, I didn't, but I tried to.

ParkEX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 11:28:55 am »

Elves are N'wah! I usually simply trap them into my 5x5 Depot (apparently, locked door are indestructible) and let them 1. get crazy, 2. start killing each other and 3. rot. The depot now equals one fucked up and messy minigraveyard, but it sure adds a nice touch to my fort.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 11:47:32 am »

Elves are N'wah! I usually simply trap them into my 5x5 Depot (apparently, locked door are indestructible) and let them 1. get crazy, 2. start killing each other and 3. rot. The depot now equals one fucked up and messy minigraveyard, but it sure adds a nice touch to my fort.
That will be next on my list.

Oddly enough, I live on a Glacier Island - but everybody still gets here. o-o...
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 12:05:39 pm »

I look like a godamn elf IRL, so hating elves would be hipocritical for me :<
But i sure would like them more if instead of bringing giant desert scorpion venom, they brought THE GODDAMN SCORPION ITSELF.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 12:10:59 pm »

I look like a godamn elf IRL, so hating elves would be hipocritical for me :<
But i sure would like them more if instead of bringing giant desert scorpion venom, they brought THE GODDAMN SCORPION ITSELF.

yu maen Hypocritical.

(That's a joke, before anybody goes crazy... If you understand it..) :)

Elves rather annoy me. If I want to cut wood, I'll cut wood. Even if they are distant relatives, or, bumbuddies, or, whatever they are, to elves. o-o
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 12:15:14 pm »

bumbuddies,
There are just some things you can't unsee.

ParkEX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 12:31:39 pm »

Oddly enough, I live on a Glacier Island - but everybody still gets here. o-o...

I lol'd because getting to such an isolated place with men and beast (caravan) must be a bitch, what makes it funny is that you will most probably don't even want to trade with them, so their long, bloody hard journey is usually for nought. It'd be even funnier if the game could create random events happening to the caravans, based on their locations and situations (like in your case, making them freeze to death while trying to reach your fort).

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2009, 12:33:59 pm »

I lol'd because getting to such an isolated place with men and beast (caravan) must be a bitch, what makes it funny is that you will most probably don't even want to trade with them, so their long, bloody hard journey is usually for nought. It'd be even funnier if the game could create random events happening to the caravans, based on their locations and situations (like in your case, making them freeze to death while trying to reach your fort).

English, eh? Me too!

But, yeah. I'v put the Trade Depot OUTSIDE of my compound.

Keeps the crazy migrants fed.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

ParkEX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2009, 12:36:57 pm »

English, eh? Me too!

Speaking of rough places... it's not possible to murder one's own Dwarves when in serious need of food, ennit?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2009, 12:45:54 pm »

English, eh? Me too!

Speaking of rough places... it's not possible to murder one's own Dwarves when in serious need of food, ennit?
I'v never tried it, but i don't think Dwarves have the Butcherable Tag.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

ParkEX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2009, 12:48:13 pm »

English, eh? Me too!

Can't you simply edit that in one of the .txt files?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2009, 12:51:05 pm »

English, eh? Me too!

Can't you simply edit that in one of the .txt files?
I simply meant in the Vanilla version. :P
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6