Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Strange World RTD - Turn 2  (Read 5527 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
Re: Strange World RTD
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 07:00:23 pm »

The lights dim in the orbital research station. Klaxons blare, indicating a meltdown. The ship begins to descend, slowly at first, and then freefall. Emergency precautions shut down the protoreactor, and the ship lands safely.

You wake up. After a long period of stasis, none of the other five in this stasis-cell seem to have been harmed. You do notice, that there is no-one to greet you as is usual when first waking up from stasis. Additionally, the main lights are out. Emergency lights still give off enough light to see, they were designed to last for millennia.

The door is sealed, which is also unusual. You have a small sense of dread in the back of your mind.

(Post Actions.)
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 07:58:47 pm »

Scratch myself, give the others a dark look and go search for food and/or booze. If any of the others question why I'm there, mumble something about liberals and space worms to get them off my back.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 08:09:39 pm »

Investigate the room!

Also try to remember why the door would being sealed would be bad. /Knowledge roll!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 09:44:20 pm »

Stretch around, make sure I some form of clothing, then find my locker with my standard equipment.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 01:51:26 am »

If weaponry missing, acquire it.
If not, think about what happened. As in, why did the protoreactor fail.
Long Live United Forenia!

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 10:34:41 am »

Yawn, and search for whoever put us into these stasis-cells.
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 03:52:07 pm »

(Kel the Oblivious is kicked for not posting, even after I PM'd him.)

serephe:

Scratch myself, give the others a dark look and go search for food and/or booze. If any of the others question why I'm there, mumble something about liberals and space worms to get them off my back.
6 - You grumble as you walk over to a nearby waste bin, but it's empty save for a wadded up piece of paper. A nearby cabinet holds something slightly more useful. You find a stockpile of rations and water, you can't tell how old they are, but they look like they'd last the five of you a few days.

Dwarmin:
Investigate the room!

Also try to remember why the door would being sealed would be bad. /Knowledge roll!
4 + 1 = 5: You wipe the sleep from your eyes as they adjust to the waking world. The room is dimly lit by the emergency lighting system. There is a mangy looking man rummaging through a nearby cabinet. A waste receptacle lies near a desk with a shut-down computer that would normally be displaying the vital signs of those in stasis.

Your knowledge of ship protocols tells you that the only reason a stasis door would be sealed would be if it detached from the main ship for deposit, or if there are any signs of bio-contamination.

knightedskull:
Stretch around, make sure I some form of clothing, then find my locker with my standard equipment.
3 - You gently usher the smelly man aside as you look through the cabinets. You scowl as you see that your normal gear is missing. Only two combat knives and an AX-41 assault rifle remain. The rifle is not loaded, and only one 33-bullet clip remains.

NUKE9.13:
If weaponry missing, acquire it.
If not, think about what happened. As in, why did the protoreactor fail.
1 - You don't know anything about how the protoreactor works, and one of the others seems to have found a rifle, but right now your equipment is pretty dismal.

Floirt:
Yawn, and search for whoever put us into these stasis-cells.
4 - Judging by the lack of an operator at the nearby computer terminal, the person who put you into stasis must have left. A sense of dread fills you as you begin to realize what might have happened to the rest of the ship's crew.

(Anyone who wants to take Kel's place can post a new profile.)
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange World RTD - Turn 2
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 06:04:12 pm »

Snag a knife and my portion of rations.

Someone with engineering should check the computer!

My advice to everyone-don't do anything stupid. 5 days of meals for 6 people can easily become 6 days of meals for 5 people  :o

Edit:
Try to remember....

What kind of guns are standard in our time and place

If the planet we were/are orbiting has/had a Earth like atmosphere?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 08:41:36 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 06:11:20 pm »

Snag a knife and my portion of rations.

Someone with engineering should check the computer!

My advice to everyone-don't do anything stupid. 5 days of meals for 6 people can easily become 6 days of meals for 5 people  :o

Questions-could be common sense or rolls
1. Out rations are similiar to MRE's correct, Just add water and heat?
2. What kind of guns are standard in our era? Are we still using gunpowder or a variation thereof?
3. Does the planet we were/are orbiting have a Earth like atmosphere? In essence will our eyes pop out like Arnold in Total Recall if we open the door without protection  :D

You're first question does not need a roll. (Just water and sufficient heat.)
The second requires a knowledge roll.
The third requires a knowledge roll unless you find some other source for the information.

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 07:06:49 pm »

Take my share of rations and stuff them down my pants, then try to turn the computer on.

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 11:44:39 pm »

Let's do something stupid! Unseal the door and get infected and/or mauled by whatever is outside!

Hey, it's not that all stupid, through we may want to check that computer first. It may also command the door, amirite?

Anyways: I snag a knife, and start cooking our first meal for everyone. Yay for rations.
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2009, 04:00:13 am »

... no weapons for mercenary?
Awww, fudge.
If there are more places to look for weapons; look for weapons.
If not: Mercenary assumes something has gone wrong and thus will make a makeshift weapon from some non-essential equipment. Makeshift weapon as in sword/spear/knife.
Also, if time over stick bin on serephe's head.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 04:31:28 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2009, 04:18:59 am »

Nuke, while you're at it can you turn the garbage bin into a helmet for me pretty please? :)

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2009, 10:52:29 am »

I too look for a make shift weapon, maybe something sharp.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2009, 11:05:28 am »

I too look for a make shift weapon, maybe something sharp.

I say when we're done with the computer, smash the screen and make daggers out of the shards, using our clothes as hilts ;D

Pages: 1 [2] 3