Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How Do You Recruit Agents Etc?  (Read 3411 times)

AdamN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How Do You Recruit Agents Etc?
« on: June 18, 2009, 02:21:55 pm »

I have never been able to recruit an agent, i was wondering how you recruit your agents. Where is the best place to find them.

Thanks

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: How Do You Recruit Agents Etc?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 03:05:14 pm »

Head out to the Intelligence HQ with some good disguise skill and a very high persuasion skill.

You'll find a ton of agents there. Eventually you should get a few.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 03:47:14 pm »

CIA base out of town (you need a car)
is full of them just pick the lock and chat some of them up,then kidnap them for bairnwashing.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 06:13:30 pm »

Also if you have ridiculous persuasion (like 21), you can talk to them normally. It doesn't work very often, mind you, but it does work.

And yes, you find them at the intelligence agency outside the town. They're the main NPCs you find there. You can also occasionally find them at the Gentleman's Club or the university park, but they're much rarer.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 11:10:03 pm »

subduction at work people!
Hello Hunam

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 11:27:04 pm »

Go to the Latte stand.

And bring a guitar.
When you start converting somebody with guitar, they won't fight back.
But they WILL attempt to convert you back.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
!!&!!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 02:49:44 am »

He means daterape, but rape replaced with abduction.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 03:16:11 am »

18 persuasion works fine convincing agents. You'll fail a few but there's so many that you'll still get some.

I'd imagine an even lower persuasion would work just fine, but my 18 liberal has recruited an entire squad of agents with very little problem.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

AdamN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 03:46:36 pm »

Thankyou everso much for all of your help

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 05:12:28 pm »

Guitars work miracles. It's really easy to get good guitarists since music skill is based on Heart and hippies have a ton of it even at low Juice, and you can just train it by having them Sell Music day after day. You can convert just about EVERYONE this way.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 05:16:06 pm »

thing is it's almost impossible to do anything violent withought getting gangraped by police raids, so what's teh point?
Hello Hunam

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 05:27:55 pm »

The point is that, with agents, you can survive police raids.

If you have a squad full of agents, another squad or two backing you up with weapons fire, and a bunch of traps and stuff, you can survive them.

The problem is that it's kind of annoying to skip around safehouses until the heat dies down.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 06:36:50 pm »

Heat dies down? I thought that stayed until you got arrested.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 10:22:59 pm »

No, if you fight off the raid, you can move out as normal.  However, they will be back, and in greater numbers (probably with tanks, and if you beat those, helicopters).

That said, I really don't like agents very much for recruiting purposes.  The only reason they have such ridiculous stats is that they already have some juice (or the conservative equivalent), which I believe drops to zero when you recruit them.  Their main advantage is that they're already trained in some weapon skills.  I personally like to recruit athletes and dancers, and have agents train them in fighting and killing.

As to how to recruit agents, date abduction works well, though make sure your temptress has a decent weapon; otherwise they get a fist to the face, and wake up in the police station.  It also takes a fair bit of psychology skill to turn them before they're noticed missing.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: [1] 2