Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: May PC sales  (Read 12653 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: May PC sales
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 08:49:49 pm »

Nothing's wrong with Diablo, I was just pointing out that it's odd that it of all things would be selling so well, especially without Diablo 2 on there.

I was talking about Spore.  It's #6, months after launch, despite being pirated and riffed by the entire Internet.

Spore was heavily hyped as a game for non-gamers, of course it's doing well.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 09:24:30 pm »

Although I did hear that mars game that just came out is a moderately better smelling pile of crap then the other mainstream games, so I may take a look at that. ...
Red Faction. I wonder if it will live up to the original and its sequel. I bet the "terrain modification" bits won't be quite the same. I distinctly recall being able to skip large portions of the game by hoarding rockets and other explosives and just blasting your own caves.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 10:02:53 pm »

Although I did hear that mars game that just came out is a moderately better smelling pile of crap then the other mainstream games, so I may take a look at that. ...
Red Faction. I wonder if it will live up to the original and its sequel. I bet the "terrain modification" bits won't be quite the same. I distinctly recall being able to skip large portions of the game by hoarding rockets and other explosives and just blasting your own caves.

There's no real terrain deformation anymore in that the actual land itself is indestructible.  most things constructed on top of the land though can be smashed/blown to bits.  It's allot more like GTA: Terraformed Mars Colony with destructible buildings than Red Faction.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 10:04:31 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Shzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 01:02:10 am »

Nothing's wrong with Diablo, I was just pointing out that it's odd that it of all things would be selling so well, especially without Diablo 2 on there.

Diablo, Diablo II, and Lord of Destruction comprise the Diablo battle chest. Props to Blizzard for beings so successful with PC exclusives, even if I'm not a huge fan of Starcraft or Warcraft. I'll be happy if they keep churning out Diablo sequels.

Not a lot of information on this page. There are no specific sale numbers, and as Tilla said, digital sales weren't considered. I imagine things would look different if those were included. L4D would probably be higher, for example. As for The Sims 2 being on there, don't forgot that Sims 1 is the best-selling PC game, according to Uncle Wikipedia. Not a big surprise to see Sims 2 on a few top-seller lists.
000634 □ [adventure mode][environment]   jumping into water while on fire resulted in steamy death

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 08:49:16 pm »

Starcraft makes sense.  Who still has their key?  I sure don't.  :(

And lots of kiddies who are now around 16 or so grew up on Warcraft 3, (because everyone else plays it) and realize that Starcraft is actually superior, and even if it's dated enough to annoy their poor little heads, they want to be good at Starcraft so they don't humiliate themselves when the sequel comes out!

Actually that last reason is a good reason for ME to buy it...

I don't really like Starcraft, the entire game seems like a rush-war.
You have to build as fast as possible and spam cheap units just to be able to fight off the first rush that the CPU sends at you within like 5 minutes.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 01:59:32 am »

Two things to learn:
One, all that garbage about voting for quality games by pirating the crap games is clearly not working.
Two, Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Sigged.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.
Pages: 1 [2]