Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Deceiver (A game of textiness and koboltiness)  (Read 1007 times)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
The Deceiver (A game of textiness and koboltiness)
« on: January 30, 2010, 10:28:48 pm »

I have created a game for GameJam 2010. Game is text based adventure/kobold trader simulator. For all those interested: here is the link

Also participated in other project here
(this will be very awesome game)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 07:45:28 am by darius »

Jamuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Deceiver (A game of textiness and koboltiness)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 11:30:24 am »

The Deceiver is a nice little game, but I think you should either remove the mouse option.
The way you have designed the game, there really isn't any need for the mouse.  If you make it more complicated later, it might come in handy, but right now it more gets in the way.

Is it still in development, or are you not going to work on it anymore?  Personally I think you could improve it a lot, but that's up to you.  You could flesh out the game so that the player has a bigger role in the actions the kobold takes.  For example, haggling could be implemented.  You argue over the price of the item, and if you argue for too long you get the trader angry.

I noticed the items have descriptions right now, but that really isn't adding to the game the way you have it set up right now.  If you fleshed out trading, the description might give you hints as to the value of an item so that you can sell for the best price.

Anyways, as I said, the game isn't bad but it could be so much more if you continued to work on it.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 12:04:26 pm »

It's here more as an inspiration for others. It was "48h game" so no, i'm not going to develop any further. If anyone finds it intresting please take it apart and use it as you wish (src included).

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 07:46:05 am »

Bumping for second game update (mobius library). All those who love puzzles good luck solving this one. :D