Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Giant robots are a terrible idea so...  (Read 9470 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Giant robots are a terrible idea so...
« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2009, 03:00:04 am »

you're my new best friend on the forum.

Awwww  :-*

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Darkone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2009, 09:01:28 am »

I'm in the group that thinks both supersoldiers and cruise missiles would be great (depending on situation). Of course, if you can make ANYTHING, I would make a material along the lines of our Hidden Fun Material, then build a giant mech from that. Sorry God, I got there first.
Well, if we can make ANY material, screw adamantine/adamantium- Lets make Scrith! Capable of withstanding cosmic impacts, unbelievable protection against radioactives, massive ehat dissipation? Yes please.
"LOL, those nub FBI, they thought you were sharing software so they kicked down your door, only to find you recently wiped your entire hard drive, how wacky! Case dismissed."
[11:58] <Jay16> I couldn't begin proper last time I tried this because I embarked next to a hydra.

Fist_Of_Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Shorer, Kobold Pimp cancels Work: Too Pimpin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2009, 01:46:08 pm »

I'm in the group that thinks both supersoldiers and cruise missiles would be great (depending on situation). Of course, if you can make ANYTHING, I would make a material along the lines of our Hidden Fun Material, then build a giant mech from that. Sorry God, I got there first.
Well, if we can make ANY material, screw adamantine/adamantium- Lets make Scrith! Capable of withstanding cosmic impacts, unbelievable protection against radioactives, massive ehat dissipation? Yes please.

Sounds awesome. Wish it had a less retarded name.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2009, 02:24:35 pm »

We could make DF 1.0 that is amazingly easy to learn, with instantaneous internet communications which allow multiple simultaneous forts to connect to each other over a massive shared world, all with a beautiful and seemless interface with no loading times and no lag even for Apple II computers! It would have graphics so groundbreaking that it would satiate even ASCII lovers and tileset lovers alike while still being free for everyone. The game automatically updates itself with the latest mods (which it automatically corrects and fixes for mistakes while injecting with +10 awesome) and merges them into the existing game with no compatibility errors or jarring realizations.

All this can be transmitted by a giant, toad-shaped satellite into the minds of every living creature on in the universe. It would be the perfect weapon.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2009, 02:34:17 pm »

We could make DF 1.0 that is amazingly easy to learn, with instantaneous internet communications which allow multiple simultaneous forts to connect to each other over a massive shared world, all with a beautiful and seemless interface with no loading times and no lag even for Apple II computers! It would have graphics so groundbreaking that it would satiate even ASCII lovers and tileset lovers alike while still being free for everyone. The game automatically updates itself with the latest mods (which it automatically corrects and fixes for mistakes while injecting with +10 awesome) and merges them into the existing game with no compatibility errors or jarring realizations.

All this can be transmitted by a giant, toad-shaped satellite into the minds of every living creature on in the universe. It would be the perfect weapon.

That would destroy all productivity as we know it.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2009, 03:15:35 pm »

... I just cried a little...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2009, 03:22:41 pm »

Alas. That would not end war.
Wars between players would break out. Until a frogman has a fell mood and starts to develop a game. To end war, the dwarves would be all like:
We could make Humancity 1.0 that is amazingly easy to learn, with instantaneous adamantine strand communications which allow multiple simultaneous cities to connect to each other over a massive shared universe, all with a beautiful and seemless interface with no loading times and no lag even for screw-pumps-and-floodgates computers! It would have graphics so ground breaking that it would satiate even '3-D' lovers and tileset lovers alike while still being free for everyone. The game automatically updates itself with the latest mods (which it automatically corrects and fixes for mistakes while injecting with +10 awesome) and merges them into the existing game with no compatibility errors or jarring realizations.

All this can be transmitted by a giant, frog-shaped cap of an adamantine tower into the minds of every living creature on the world. It would be the perfect weapon.
Long Live United Forenia!

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 26, 2009, 03:45:57 pm »

Alas. That would not end war.
Wars between players would break out. Until a frogman has a fell mood and starts to develop a game. To end war, the dwarves would be all like:
We could make Humancity 1.0 that is amazingly easy to learn, with instantaneous adamantine strand communications which allow multiple simultaneous cities to connect to each other over a massive shared universe, all with a beautiful and seemless interface with no loading times and no lag even for screw-pumps-and-floodgates computers! It would have graphics so ground breaking that it would satiate even '3-D' lovers and tileset lovers alike while still being free for everyone. The game automatically updates itself with the latest mods (which it automatically corrects and fixes for mistakes while injecting with +10 awesome) and merges them into the existing game with no compatibility errors or jarring realizations.

All this can be transmitted by a giant, frog-shaped cap of an adamantine tower into the minds of every living creature on the world. It would be the perfect weapon.

And thus begins the recursive death spiral of humanity.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2009, 03:23:59 am »

That would destroy all productivity as we know it.

The less intelligent people will never understand DF. What you'll get are thugs, jocks, and bimbos taking over humanity.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]