Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Area 51 "Alien" laptop  (Read 3729 times)

Darkone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Area 51 "Alien" laptop
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 05:45:56 pm »

Alienware uses the same parts as everyone else. They just shove it in a pretty case, and tripple the cost ;)
"LOL, those nub FBI, they thought you were sharing software so they kicked down your door, only to find you recently wiped your entire hard drive, how wacky! Case dismissed."
[11:58] <Jay16> I couldn't begin proper last time I tried this because I embarked next to a hydra.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 05:47:05 pm »

£1,050, how much is that in US dollars?

also, im sure no company has tech as good as alien ware, and i have a freaking load of money (1200-1400 dollars) so i want to just buy the best and be happy forever.

is Alienware JUST for gaming? or does it run normally for internet, movies....all the normal laptop stuff.

do they already have the latest video cards and stuff?

Alienware comps can do all the normal stuff like movies and internet, cheeyah.
And the graphics cards are pretty sick.

A gaming computer is pretty much a souped up normal one.
It can do everything a normal one can, but better(usually), and is mostly tailored to run hardcore games at high specs.

Alienware is a bit of a rip though, but for those who can't built it themselves, or for laptops it's a good choice if you don't mind spending some extra cash.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 06:02:15 pm »

alright i think ill get the M17 (lol M17x is 500 extra dollars for fancy stuff like a lit up keyboard....daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 06:33:12 am »

Huh...I always build my desktop comps to be honest, and they are at least as good as these Alienware desktops. [Well yeah, it takes no effort at all to be honest..]

Way to exaggerate :P

Even if you manage to stay in front of the tech specs (and Alienware is always at the cutting edge of gaming technology), and they do have extra cooled and overclocked hardware... you won't get the awesome cases they have. Those desktops are meant to be put on top of the table, where everyone can see it!

Oh, and note that if you don't like the specs, they let you customize it too. Alienware may be for filthy rich, game-addicted geeks, but it's the Ferrari of the gaming computer world.

Well....my E8400 is operating @ 3.8Ghz on 1,35V without any problems. I guess that is not bad?  :P .. but yeah, their cases are awesome looking, that is true.  :)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 06:12:10 pm »

Intel® Core™2 Extreme Quad QX9300 2.53GHz (12MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB)  [+$1,200 or $36/mo.] 
The World's Fastest Mobile Quad-Core for the Ultimate Multitasking Experience!

this is alien wares best processor....cost 1200$, the same as the actual lapto without customization......wtf

someone buy me this thing

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 07:25:40 pm »

Wait, what? I got this laptop for 600$ and it can run HL2 on full without lag, and its light and easy to carry.

It will, however, melt your scrotum after an hour or so.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 09:03:30 pm »

its not a laptop, its the name of a processor........

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2009, 07:52:11 am »

Wait, what? I got this laptop for 600$ and it can run HL2 on full without lag, and its light and easy to carry.

Sounds like mine :P Acer?
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009, 07:58:25 am »

Hold on Phyco Jelly, are you talking about the M17, or the processor i just copy and pasted?

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2009, 01:32:14 pm »

Actually even mediocre laptops should be able to run HL2 on full without problems. It's an "old" engine.  :)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2009, 05:33:30 pm »

run oblivion on full setting and then ill be impressed

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2009, 01:33:40 am »

I guess it seems good to me because my old laptop was jank. It was old 8 years ago, my parents insisted that it was top of the line, and bought it for 1800$. It could barely run anything, and youtube could crash it.

This 600$ is put to good use, catsplosion takes a good five years to affect my processing speed.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2009, 01:32:28 pm »

run oblivion on full setting and then ill be impressed

Crysis is better in regard to hardware testing.  ;D

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 04:48:00 pm »

graphics, but not things like physics and item spamming....oblivion has a lot of that lol

"look up item duplication glitch on youtube for obilvion"

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 12:24:43 pm »

If you wanted that, you could just play DF with 1000 dwarves.
Pages: 1 [2] 3