Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Please help writing a short update for a DF bloodlines game.  (Read 1138 times)

uhutentetemporaneo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

i'm reading in a private forum a topic about a DF bloodlines game and i really like it. So i asked if a dwarf could be named after me. They named a child and shortly after that a goblin kidnapped me. After a couple of joke, the topic is going on but i'd really like to post an update as outsider.

But.

i suck at writing in english AND, shame on me, i don't know how to play recent versions of DF (i've never moved on from the 2D one)

so.

i'm searching someone willing to write a small diary about the life of a kidnapped dwarf child in a goblin fortress. it can be written by the kidnapper or by the child: a short update with a 4-5 made up screenshot.  I'd like something like that i'm raised by goblins with hate for my old country, i suppose you can use caged goblins to simulate a goblin's fortress. you can put in a joke about the fact that goblins don't have a beard unlike dwarves or everything you can come up with.
You'll get a thanks line when i'll post it in my private forum. i can also trow in a couple of bucks as incentive. Here you can find the first 8 parts of the bloodlines game so you can grasp the style http://jreengusoccurring.blogspot.com/2009/05/bloodlines-fort-wheelrags-index.html

why?

i secretly hope that i'll come back leading a group of goblins during a siege (i've read that sometimes it happens). if it happens, it will be EPIC 'cause of this short update. Nonetheless it's a nice thing to add.

Please, help me!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Please help writing a short update for a DF bloodlines game.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 09:51:32 pm »

Oh come on, you can write an update if you can write that forum post. It really isn't hard.

Include something about all the clothing in the village being made from your beard hair though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 02:38:41 am »

look at my thread in stranded!-A community fort, I made each different person a different personality, one a crazy pyschotic religious, family freak (sausage) one a stuck-up angry little man (userpay) and one exactly like me, shy, relaxed, easily calmed, easy to anger dwarf (jakkarra)

just come up with some kind of character then write is his perspective and always stay in character and it shouldn't be hard, especially since its short... (screenshots make it easier)
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 01:29:43 pm »

I think that "couple buck" would be better spent on Dwarf Fortress Donations! :D
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?