Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]

Author Topic: DFA: A Dwarf Fortress choose your own Adventure! Last Update: Comic #52  (Read 93484 times)

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFA: A Dwarf Fortress choose your own Adventure! Last Update: Comic #52
« Reply #540 on: August 03, 2009, 11:38:46 pm »

I am going to say its the cat or the dog since they both seem to be in alot of trouble.  Either that or I hope JuJu does since he keeps complaining.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 04, 2009, 12:57:18 am »

Nope its the GCS.
>Cat: Jump the chasm.
>GCS: Cancel chase Cat, Left stove on.
>Moldath: Attempt a rescue attemption.
>Juju Complain of thirst.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
Re: DFA: A Dwarf Fortress choose your own Adventure! Last Update: Comic #50
« Reply #542 on: August 04, 2009, 01:10:19 am »

Okay, apparently they ordered her from some sort of foster building? I don't know exactly how it works, but they give like parameters and then a kid arrives? They've apparently been working on it for six months or so, and only just got a kid, but of course I lived on the other side of the planet until a few weeks ago. I'm 23. Anyways, all I knew when I got home was that a kid would be arriving, I didn't ask details, and a week and a half later a six year old girl showed up. Which is about a week ago now, I think. So now I have a sister, though I guess that might be temporary? I don't know how this stuff works. Anyways, pretty cool to have around I guess. I guess that answers all the questions?

But more importantly - I am working on the new comics! Should be a twofer to get back in the swing of things.

yeah tats how foster parenting works, you apply, go through a couple of character checks and they send you a kid to stay with you from time to time

a mate of mine's parents signed up for it, be warned, some of those kids will fucking cut you if your not careful
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?
Horrors! Annoying relatives in the deep!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 04, 2009, 02:28:24 am »

a mate of mine's parents signed up for it, be warned, some of those kids will fucking cut you if your not careful

I've known kids like that, but they were all relatives. This is a marked improvement - her only desire seems to be convincing people to come outside so shes allowed to go swimming in the pool, and for me to read her bedtime stories. That doesnt neccesarily preclude stabby desires, but I think I'm good. None of the family members I babysat went this long without trying to kill me in one way or another.

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 04, 2009, 02:34:56 am »

Right right... The six year olds with stabby desires... Erm- are you sure you're not thinking of the movie Orphan?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #545 on: August 04, 2009, 02:41:43 am »

I've known kids like that, but they were all relatives. This is a marked improvement - her only desire seems to be convincing people to come outside so shes allowed to go swimming in the pool, and for me to read her bedtime stories. That doesnt neccesarily preclude stabby desires, but I think I'm good. None of the family members I babysat went this long without trying to kill me in one way or another.
It's all part of the plan to disarm your sense of caution so that when the time is right, she can strike!

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 04, 2009, 02:44:32 am »

Right right... The six year olds with stabby desires... Erm- are you sure you're not thinking of the movie Orphan?

i am not kidding, the kids you get through the foster system are kids whose parents replaced their blood with pcp and shit, who here takes public transport? you know the crazy people on the train? meet their kids, they will steal all your stuff and sell it for drug money.

of course they're not all kids who've been taken from bad homes, another mate of mine had a stroke when he was born, he had a foster family he went to every now and then, maybe you've got one of those kids? i dunno
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?
Horrors! Annoying relatives in the deep!

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 04, 2009, 03:00:46 am »

Not that I can think of... Than again it's hard to determine the lives of everyone I meet, so I suppose I can't say I haven't met one- although this one kid, Joe Barth, would probably assault me if I managed to walk somewhere no one else could see me. But hes the tipicle child with stabby desires, a 15 year old failure going into 9th grade. I think they pushed him forward because they had to lol. No child left behind. XD.

Oh, good idea-

Jujufrobo> Explain to Moldath about the child's urge to rape and murder, and leaving his indentured wench wife there for too long may prove fatal for both her and the local giant cave spiders. It may be a good idea to fetch the two of them before Urist McUrist gets bored.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:02:37 am by zarmazarma »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 05, 2009, 12:09:23 pm »

Okay, things have gotten quite a bit off topic, and this thread is now pretty long. I think I'm going to start a new thread and condense the existing comics into the first post. If you want suggestions to go through, resuggest them then. There will also be at least two new comics today.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 05, 2009, 12:39:24 pm »

Why don't you do a suggestions thread and a comic thread?
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 05, 2009, 01:09:29 pm »

Nevermind you made it.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]