Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Age of DF gamers  (Read 8183 times)

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
Re: Age of DF gamers
« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2009, 01:23:29 pm »

I'm 1....Oh crap i keep forgetting. I'm 20. I think i started DF 2 years ago.

Still digging cartoons, well at least the good ones.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2009, 01:24:31 pm »

The results are quite stunning.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 11, 2009, 05:03:00 pm »

I'm 22.  I found DF about a couple days ago and enjoy it. 

Not sure I could stand it without the Mike Mayday mod making things look decent, but with that installed, it's very playable for me.  I enjoy it greatly due to how much you can do and the depth of the game. 

I (highly) enjoy games like Fallout 3 and Crysis (OP) but strategy games are hands down my favorite, and this is a fun one so I'm hooked for the time being.
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2009, 07:24:17 pm »

20 years old here.

More young people on here then I imagined, though not as many older ones as I imagine. Of course the forums arnt a very accurate way to analyse the age of players. Young people tend to come to them a lot more then older ones.

On Crysis and and Fallout 3, my comp couldnt handle either of those in a thousand years, but if it did I would probably play them. This however wouldnt mean that I wouldnt play DF anymore, hell I would probably like DF even more without my fps problems. There is no reason for DF and high-end games to be mutualy exclusive.

It saddens me though, that what Volatar posted above is all too true. Making a game with awesome graphics AND great gameplay just isnt commercialy viable. Modern games are made to make money, and as much as possible of it. As long as time spend of creating better graphics makes more money then spending it on better gameplay, there wont be any commercialy produced game that focus on gameplay.

Which is why I like DF, it focuses on what I think a game should be about rather then how much money it would make.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2009, 04:38:40 am »

I'm 30.. Almost 31 (last DF release came for my birthday)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

RHR1958

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2009, 04:01:44 pm »

53 in a few more days. My 24 year old son had played for a while, told me about it, installed it on my archaic computer sometime last Oct. and I've been playing ever since. I'm so old my first computer class involved writing programs with punchcards. It was a real pain when you dropped them.

Chalk

• Bay Watcher
  • oh dear
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 13, 2009, 12:29:35 am »

18 here. Discovered DF not too long ago, and found it to be... rewarding, for all it's challenges. I've always had a thing for older games, so the ASCII wasn't too hard to pick up.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 13, 2009, 04:09:45 am »

14 here, but been playing it since the day before I turned 14.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 13, 2009, 06:31:06 am »

I'm 18. My mum is a programer, my dad is a programmer, my step dad is a programmer. I am an oldschool gamer, having no less than three generations of gamers behind me. I set up the college scifi soc and the game soc and I watch anime.

I AM UBERGEEK
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

doctorspoof

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 13, 2009, 07:02:47 am »

17, been playing for a year-ish. Never been much of a tech-head, but i do own three consoles and obviously my pc.
At the same time as enjoying games like Fallout 3 and Halo 3, i'm still more inclined to play older, less-sparkly, more-interesting games, like DF and fallout 1/2 (so much better than 3 by the way). Good graphics a good game do not make
As for the ASCII part of DF, I was kind of intimidated by it at first, but i picked it up pretty fast, having 2 friends who played it as well.
The best way to avoid tantrum spirals is to make sure no-one lives long enough to make any friends.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]