Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: I woke up to a nightmare  (Read 13784 times)

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I woke up to a nightmare
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 02:51:13 pm »

It was a peasant, I swear! I looked at him and it said he was a peasant!

And he was blinking so I assumed he was the leader of the town.

Y'know, I coulda sworn I spawned in that town before and it was normal...

He announced his presence and told me to prepare to die. He mentioned absolutely nothing about anything involving killing anything else.

tefalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Priest of Syrinx
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 03:07:14 pm »

And he was blinking so I assumed he was the leader of the town.
I actually saw a blinking farmer(think it was that) today. I'm not sure what it means, but i guessed that he had legendary farming skills.

He announced his presence and told me to prepare to die.
Not only leaders do that. Even scorpions can do that. Without talking.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2009, 04:14:59 pm »

And I just now found a dark tower ruled by humans.

Only goblins I've seen are the temple's priests. And a shopkeeper.

Oh, and the temple is made of microcline.

What's next? Dwarven forest retreat? Goblins in dwarven fortresses?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 04:19:09 pm by Blackburn »

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 04:50:12 pm »

And I just now found a dark tower ruled by humans.

Only goblins I've seen are the temple's priests. And a shopkeeper.

Oh, and the temple is made of microcline.

What's next? Dwarven forest retreat? Goblins in dwarven fortresses?
Dwarven forest retreat with trees of microline.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 06:29:04 pm »

I play Adventure mode constantly, in my experience, i'd say one of three things happened:

You got lucky ( Or unlucky if you dislike Elves ) and got alot of Elves living in a human town ( Which happens, you can get Elven shopkeepers in Human towns...I have no idea how, but they do. )

Or, you got a very rare glimpse at a Goblin ruled human town. You may think "Wtf" but i'll explain: Goblins like to take prisoners of every race plausible, however, they CAN ( Rarely ) have Human/Elf even DWARF leaders, and in this case probably caught a shiz load of Elves ( Since they don't protect themselves well at ALL, and get pwned now and again in world gen ) as prisoners, and "Imprisoned" them there. It's HIGHLY, unlikely, but i believe it may have happened.

Or the third and most logical one. Elves took a Human town and you just so happened to bump into a Human peasent. If Elves ruled the place, they would never have Mayors, only druids, and if Humans owned it, you would quite easily notice the leader was a weaponmaster ( They glow constantly and are in the mayors house - the place you always start at ) though i do believe it is possible to get a peasent as a leader ( And it has happened, after a weapon master dies they randomly declare a leader - Peasents sometimes. ).

EDIT:

I doubt the Elves ( If they ruled the place ) would stay there, either demolish it ( Since it's made of wood ), or simply leave the place to ruin.

If the Peasent wasn't purple. He wasn't the Mayor. ( I think )

Any NPC who can talk will announce any Notable Kill he has made, that includes Notable Animals

I don't think the Peasent was the mayor, however, if he HAS made a Notable kill, i'd check it out, he could of killed a Megabeast (Though probably just a wolf ), in which case. He DAMN WELL SHOULD BE the Mayor!

And the tower ruled by a Human happens, i suppose he was a prisoner who earned his keep and eventually the awe of his Goblin captors, a bit like the film Gladiator. That or the Human prisoners over-powered the goblins, which, recently i believe possible due to the Civ bug. ( The goblins tried to kill the Human Prisoners mother for example, therefore fought the Goblins, who had their friends join in etc, those two goblins might have been exclusively friends to the Humans only. Gotta remember, goblins are pussies without their weapons and armor. )

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 06:42:37 pm by Nerserus »
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2009, 07:07:12 pm »

I also found two dark towers in the same place, except no goblins; only dwarves...and antmen from the nearby chasm that kept beating children to death. You know what's creepy? Passing a child in the tower, then coming back five minutes later and finding its corpse. Felt like something out of a horror movie.

Anyway, the peasant just announced his name and told me to prepare to die. If he made a notable kill, wouldn't he announce that as well?

Or the third and most logical one. Elves took a Human town and you just so happened to bump into a Human peasent. If Elves ruled the place, they would never have Mayors, only druids, and if Humans owned it, you would quite easily notice the leader was a weaponmaster ( They glow constantly and are in the mayors house - the place you always start at ) though i do believe it is possible to get a peasent as a leader ( And it has happened, after a weapon master dies they randomly declare a leader - Peasents sometimes. ).
I'm guessing this is what happened.

...And now I've found a "forest retreat" ran by humans, with human buildings. I've seen one elf. He was a shopkeeper.

...The heck is wrong with this world...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 07:10:43 pm by Blackburn »

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2009, 10:57:04 pm »

Blackburn, what you did was find a legendary peasant in the inn. Only warriors can be local leaders, but commoners can often become legendary if their land has been in great violence and they have killed many enemies. You must have met one of these people.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Delduvat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 12:18:04 am »

Got that in my current world too - retreats ruled by humans with some elven population like children and even guards; human towns populated by elves mostly with empty shops..
In Legends mode there was a war between elves in humans just in that place. Humans conquered elves, so they recreated their homeland in a woods close enouph to the old one.
Now such a mess is all over the conquered territory - the war is currently ongoing. Oh, and humans with lots of -elven bone amulet- are just a common situation.

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 02:58:39 am »

I have found an entire human town runned by only 2 elven shopkeepers before.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 06:09:28 pm by RebelZhouYuWu »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 04:27:47 pm »

Why would they carve runes into the human town? I didn't know elves used runes anyway.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 12:43:14 pm »

i once had elves rule the humans AND DWARVES!!!!  >:(
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2009, 03:54:57 pm »

KILL. THEM. ALL.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2009, 10:58:39 pm »

KILL. THEM. ALL.
Inundate this blighted world with magma, and let the bones of the elves form the throne of the leader of the new dwarf empire.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2009, 11:58:48 pm »

KILL. THEM. ALL.
Inundate this blighted world with magma, and let the bones of the elves form the throne of the leader of the new dwarf empire.
This is a masterfully-crafted elf bone throne. It is adorned with hanging rings of elven fail. It menaces with spikes of dwarven awesomeness. Engraved is an image of an elf. The elf is being struck down by an 80-foot tall Armok avatar made of magma. Engraved is an image of a dwarf. The dwarf is kicking a catsploding cat.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 06:12:15 pm »

KILL. THEM. ALL.
This is a masterfully-crafted elf bone throne. It is adorned with hanging rings of elven fail. It menaces with spikes of dwarven awesomeness. Engraved is an image of an elf. The elf is being struck down by an 80-foot tall Armok avatar made of magma. Engraved is an image of a dwarf. The dwarf is kicking a catsploding cat.

Is it wrong to want the magmarmok as a creature in-game?
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4