Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Elves bringing me corpses!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  (Read 1730 times)

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elves bringing me corpses!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
« on: June 26, 2009, 10:10:52 pm »

On my fortress I have alright relations with the elves (until I finish my magma death trap) and their caravan had just arrived at the depo. I decided to just take all of their stuff instead of trading for it because the trap was almost done (and my millitary was getting bored, so I hoped for elven ambushes). Well, I am in the proccess of building a ton of cage traps and need cages, but my carpenters are lazy and don't build them quickly. So I'm selecting all the cages to take and am looking for the animals that the elves always bring, but don't see any. I then look at the cage's weight and most are around 56 pounds, but there are three that weigh over 500 pounds, so I looked and inside one was a stray donkey corpse. I'm like WTF!!!! and look at the other two and inside are stray deer and cow corpses. What is going on, are the elves using their psychic powers and anticipating my annihilation of their next merchant carravan????

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Elves bringing me corpses!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 10:14:00 pm »

No, no, no, no... no... they most likely just went through some rough enviroment to your fort (scorching, freezing, etc) causing thier animals to die
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 10:27:00 pm »

nope, I have temperate weather and nothing attacked them that could have done that

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 10:28:44 pm »

I say next time they arrive, bridgeapult those corpses while they're on fire at them.

Teach them (if they somehow live it, THEN the trap) not to sell corpses.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 10:30:57 pm »

nope, I have temperate weather and nothing attacked them that could have done that

no, as they travel through the world map they pass through different areas outside your fort which can cause troubles like this when they decide to take a different route
(actually traveling through the world)
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 10:33:58 pm »

oh, stupid elves, to teach you a lesson, the next time you come to give me more corpses, I will make then your own!!!!!! muahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! Burning corpses!!!!!!!!

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 10:38:10 pm »

Oh, the elves on my fort do that.

Granted, they don't trade them, but they bring a few animal corpses and a bunch of elf corpses to the depot. I wonder if that's connected to how the depot mysteriously seals and floods every spring, before miraculously draining again and leaving their stuff.

Mind, after their diplomat strangely fell into the magma pipe, they skipped the trading and just sent me a pissed-off horse and a bunch of elf corpses and weapons.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 10:41:37 pm »

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying,’O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that with it thou mayest blow thine elves to tiny bits, in thy mercy.’ And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats!
— Commander Fleyitch

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 12:34:03 am »

no, as they travel through the world map they pass through different areas outside your fort which can cause troubles like this when they decide to take a different route
No they dont. World outside of Your fortress dont exist. These animals were injured when THey been captured. Their wounds are to osevere, so they die upon arrival. It's same thing with liasons dying of old age and old wounds.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 03:45:13 am »

No they dont. World outside of Your fortress dont exist. These animals were injured when THey been captured. Their wounds are to osevere, so they die upon arrival. It's same thing with liasons dying of old age and old wounds.

I doubt it, elves recently brought three animals to my fort, all three had brown injuries to all internal organs, no red injuries, no yellow, no gray, no just brown injuries, I hihgly doubt they all suffered exactly the same internal injuries while being captured

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 04:46:58 am »

Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro? It comes with with this um, cedar cage, man, but its legit, the tree didnt' suffer any...
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 05:11:00 am »

*frowns*
Toady confirmed it already. outside world dos not exist in fortress mode. Otherwise, it would be too resourse-heavy.

I doubt it, elves recently brought three animals to my fort, all three had brown injuries to all internal organs, no red injuries, no yellow, no gray, no just brown injuries, I hihgly doubt they all suffered exactly the same internal injuries while being captured
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 01:13:44 pm »

Except..  they don't yet.
Caravans are materialized out of thin air on the edge of your map for the moment.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

AshrothTheBrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 02:10:51 pm »

By that logic, is your map freezing or scorching?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 06:28:34 pm »

We know the world outside your fortress doesn't exist, but maybe it works out the pathing of the elves.  Or maybe they're just trying to fob you off with their damaged animals.

"Hmm... so it's missing a leg?  Eh, give it to the dwarves.  They won't mind.  I hear they've even got a new heated indoor swimming pool for visitors..."
Pages: [1] 2