Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I need some tips/advice on patrician 3 and/or port royale 2  (Read 2939 times)

firefly28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

These are old games so this is probably the only place (This forum) where I have any hope of just getting some tips, general feedback on either of the games mentioned in the subject, e.g p3 or PR2

I purchased both, now I want a game with good piracy and patrician 3 seems like better ship combat, tbh it reminds me of a taipan like game on the amstrad cpc 464 and well I have been looking for a game with ship combat like that for sooo long so it brings back good memmorys, that being said I have done the P3 tutorial and Im on the first campaign which is about advancement in lumeck, it just takes so long to notic progression, I have been trading and I never seem to complete the campaign , current stage Ive been given the tip to stock up on booze and some other luxurys in my warhouse for winter, its december now and I sold the stuff but still no completion, I want to play a full game of p3 but I dont see the point if I am not good enough for the campaigns, I just wish I could trade well as the game seems to promise alot from what Ive read.

I also got very far through the port royale 2 tutorial stuff but I got to a point where I had to setup a produiction chain but the scenario gives you not enough cash, next what happens is because you built the chain partuially without quite enough cash you lose money over time and if you arent doing your trading perfect each run yiou will be bankrupt within 20 mins if that <-----see in a real game I wouldnt setup a chain until I had 2 to 3 times more than the scenario

So with all that , which of the two would you say was best and are there any players of these games here who are good at them and are avid fans?

I have played pirates but it gets a bit boring and to much of the same.

Any tips are appreciated, I just cant interpret the whole supply demand stuff very well but I do want to get good enough at it wheree by its not a chore so to speak, I also have owned anno 1701 fo a long time, how do you rate that in comparison?