Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An interesting discovery.  (Read 717 times)

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
An interesting discovery.
« on: June 28, 2009, 06:07:48 pm »

In fortress mode. It is indeed possible to get your dwarves to kill yourself, though it's a long and complicated process i am yet to decipher. What IS known however, is that your dwarves can become enemies of your Fort's CIV...Whilst at the same time being in it. Causing a pretty messed up glitch that means everyone will try to kill him, and anyone who kills him shall be a murderer ( And killed on sight ) and anyone who kills them, and etc.

Basically, when i revived "Chosen" i expected everything to be dandy...But no. Dwarves attacked almost INSTANTLY, so she must be "outlawed" from her home, only problem is, she goes to the same meeting place as everyone else...We all know what is going to happen...Yeah we do, we know mass fun is going to be had for all.
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
Re: An interesting discovery.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 07:44:53 pm »

Please spare no details.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 07:48:15 pm »

sounds Fun!

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 08:47:43 pm »

The same thing happens in Adventure mode if you visit any town and use Companion to change one of the civ people to a zombie/skeleton.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 09:12:02 pm »

Or retiring two warring adventurers in the same neutral town.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 09:33:23 pm »

ICausing a pretty messed up glitch that means everyone will try to kill him, and anyone who kills him shall be a murderer ( And killed on sight ) and anyone who kills them, and etc.[/i]
That's the best kind of bug!
I had a Captain of the Guards who was labeled as a felon for killing someone when I traded barrels during a "No barrel trade" mandate. Unfortunately, he was ridiculously well armoured and trained so all my guards and people who kept attacking him would be killed  :-\
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 10:16:40 pm »

What IS known however, is that your dwarves can become enemies of your Fort's CIV...Whilst at the same time being in it. Causing a pretty messed up glitch that means everyone will try to kill him, and anyone who kills him shall be a murderer ( And killed on sight ) and anyone who kills them, and etc.
The thought of an established fortress over 100 strong erupting into a huge dwarf vs. dwarf brawl...

It's...it's beautiful...