Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Just how bad...

(1/3) > >>

Heliomance:
are the various bad thoughts? Will a dwarf tantrum from having one masterpiece destroyed? One pet killed? How upset is it safe to make your dwarves?

Village_Idiot:
Depends on other circumstances, I can destroy masterfully engravings all the time with legendary prepared meals, booze and dining hall.

Demonic Spoon:
It depends on the personal happiness of your dwarves and the happy thoughts they are getting, also the severity of the bad thoughts vary, for examply you won't be quite as upset if a friend that you met recently died as your lifelong friend since childhood died.

piesquared:
For the "masterpiece destroyed" at least it depends on how many masterpieces they have.  If your fort if covered in thousands of masterpieces by the same dwarf the effect of destroying one is almost nothing, but if they only have one and you break it... well you'd best have a "legendary dining room" "comforting waterfall" "bedroom like a personal palace" "own fine bed/door/cabinet/chest" and "truly decadent food/drink."  Well, that might be exaggerating, I've never actually destroyed an "only" masterpiece.

Aldaris:
I believe personality also has an impact.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version