Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will win the final battle of Warriors of Armok, and how?

Fireheart (beheading)
- 5 (33.3%)
Fireheart (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Fireheart (cleaving)
- 5 (33.3%)
Nichaey (beheading)
- 3 (20%)
Nichaey (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Nichaey (cleaving)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36

Author Topic: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [The Final Match: Fireheart vs. Nichaey]  (Read 108232 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [The Phoenix Opening: Quarterfinals]
« Reply #225 on: July 21, 2009, 04:05:48 pm »

Nah, it was Nichaey. His combination of poor trash talking and an exceptional copper axe led him to victory.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 21, 2009, 04:08:12 pm »

Someone break the tie!  D:

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 21, 2009, 10:19:12 pm »

I extra tied it.
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [The Phoenix Opening: Semifinals]
« Reply #228 on: July 25, 2009, 09:46:29 pm »

The Phoenix Opening: Semifinals, Match 13

Fireheart Covenguilds
vs.
Nichaey Gearedwarm

Rith: It’s hard to believe but we are only three, count‘em three fights away from crowning our champion. It’s the Semifinals of The Phoenix Opening here at the magnificent Phoenix Amphitheater and we got two very exciting match-ups to bring you. It’s all about the two’s here, two matches with two 2nd Degree warriors each, all of whom have killed two other dwarves to get here.

Stakud: There aren’t any amateurs here, every dwarf you will see tonight have gone to hell and back in pursuit of the grand prize.

Rith: Well, technically their victims are the ones who have gone to hell and back, via the Phoenix Chamber.

Stakud: You and me, right now, lets go.

Rith: You do know that I’m a legendary mason right? And as such I could wrestle an elephant without breaking a sweat?

Stakud: …I’m letting you off with a warning.

Rith: Back to today’s match-ups. Kicking off this round as he has done so in the last two, a 2nd Degree Swordsdwarf of whom has yet to meet a challenge worthy enough, it’s Fireheart Covenguilds!

Spoiler: Fireheart (click to show/hide)

Rith: My my my has Fireheart breezed through this tournament. You know I’ve heard a lot of dwarves talking about him and saying that he’s had the easiest route to the Semifinals of anyone. Now whether that is true or not it’s hard to put the blame on him, he’s not the one who decides these fights. What do you think about Fireheart and his opponents so far?

Stakud: When you look at all the fights so far it does seem that he has had an easy run here. Nichaey had that amazing fight against Urist, of whom was picked to be the favorite, and both Vulcar and Rysith have met some fierce opponents in their first and second round matches. Still I believe that Fireheart deserves to be in this spot and could be a contender in the finals.

Rith: The finals, indeed that is what Fireheart is fighting for here, but one dwarf stands in his way. Coming off of what I still believe to be the fight of the tournament, a 2nd Degree Axedwarf, Nichaey Gearedwarm!

Spoiler: Nichaey (click to show/hide)

Rith: The fans haven’t forgotten what Nichaey was able to do in his quarterfinal match-up against Urist McUrist and they’re on their feet cheering. Fireheart has also become a fan favorite so it’s hard to say who is more in the crowds favor.

Stakud: You’ll notice that Nichaey has at last opted to put on some armour. A wise decision as this is no time to be taking risks; you don’t want to come this far only to fall because of poor equipment choices.

Rith: In addition to his axe and shield Nichaey will be wearing that exceptional copper helm and standard copper chain mail. Do you think he opted for a chain mail due to that injury he sustained against Urist?

Stakud: There’s no doubt about that, he got hurt bad because of a lack of body armour and it almost cost him the fight. Lets look at what Fireheart is bringing to the table for a moment, he doesn’t seem that concerned about strikes to the chest but appears to be slightly worried about his legs. Those are some very protective chain leggings he is wearing and it would take a lot of force to get through them.

Rith: This could be a really good strategy by Fireheart. You’ll notice in many fights that a large number of match-deciding blows are made when their opponents are on the ground. Injuries to the legs by themself aren’t that life threatening, but not being able to stand up puts you in a very bad position. Hold on, it looks like this fight is about to start. Yes, the signal is given and the Semifinals are underway! Neither dwarf waste any time in taking off towards one another. They clash with scraping of metal and shields ringing from the blocked attacks. Nichaey swings his axe in a wide arc but Fireheart backs out of the way. You don’t want to get caught in that 180° bisection zone.

Stakud: Necksnapper learned that the hard way in round one, no doubt Fireheart watched that and knew to keep a good distance. Nichaey is on the ground after a rush from Fireheart, Fireheart comes in with an overhand swing but hits rock instead. Nichaey is back on his feet and goes for the attack, it’s blocked! Fireheart comes in with a swing and catches Nichaey in the arm! The cut is deep and Nichaey loses his axe! This isn’t good.

Rith: It’ll be hard for Nichaey to make a comeback without a weapon but he’s trying. He has resorted to using his shield as a weapon but appears to be in a lot of pain. Too much pain it seems as Fireheart attacks the injured arm again and Nichaey falls to the ground. Fireheart isn’t taking any chances as he incapacitates Nichaey’s other arm. Now he is going to work on his unconscious opponent, slashing at the legs and body. Fireheart must have been a butcher before becoming a fighter because he is cutting up Nichaey badly. The crowd cheers as Nichaey’s right arm is sent flying, and there goes his right leg! And now his mid section! Dwarves and Lady Dwarves, with that final swing of his sword Fireheart defeats Nichaey whose body has been sectioned into four pieces! This Semifinal match-up is over with Fireheart taking the first spot in the finals!

Stakud: What an amazing and flawless performance by Fireheart once again, there’s no slowing down this wrecking ball of a warrior.

Rith: There’s no doubt that Fireheart has dominated so far, but this isn’t over, not by a long shot. Nichaey was his biggest test to date, but that was nothing compared to the stress and the skill he will be battling in the finals. The stress he will be battling within himself, and the skill of the soon to be 3rd Degree warrior in our second Semifinal bout. Hold onto your pig-tail hoods, it’s about to get real nasty in here with Vulcar vs. Rysith, coming up next!

To see a video of the fight click here.

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 09:55:20 pm by BloodBeard »

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 25, 2009, 11:32:58 pm »

I bet my 5 remaining turtles on Fireheart winning the championship.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 25, 2009, 11:48:04 pm »

I bet my soul on Rystih.

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 26, 2009, 06:53:33 pm »

Ill take that bet.
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 26, 2009, 06:55:51 pm »

This is in no way going to cause serious problems in Real Life.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2009, 12:12:02 am »

The Phoenix Opening: Semifinals, Match 14

Vulcar Tombnets
vs.
Rysith Sunnytorch

Rith: One way or another I just know that someone is going to be getting a savage beating in this next fight. All the victims of one dwarf were practically liquefied and all the victims of the other dwarf had to be carried out in multiple pieces. There’s no getting around it, carnage will ensue the moment the signal is given for these dwarves to start.

Stakud: I love it. I’ve been waiting for this match ever since Rysith sent ToonyMan’s arm sailing into the 3rd level stands. The handheld atom smasher of Vulcar vs. the atom splitter of Rysith, what more could you ask for?

Rith: The winner of these two dwarves fighting Fireheart in the finals, that’s what. However much this looks like a final, we aren’t there yet. We will be just as soon as we introduce our two combatants, our two dwarven warriors. The first! She is a 2nd Degree Hammerdwarf, the only surviving hammerdwarf and the only lady dwarf in this whole tournament. It’s Vulcar Tombnets!

Spoiler: Vulcar (click to show/hide)

Rith: Vulcar has had to face some tough competition to get where she is. You know she is the only semifinalist to not have a speed advantage in any of her fights and has had to rely entirely on skill and equipment to outperform.

Stakud: Speaking of speed, does she look a bit slower then usual to you?

Rith: Now that you mention it she does seem to be having some trouble walking. Vulcar is wearing a lot more armour this time around. I don’t know about this, in the last match of the quarterfinals we saw Rysith fighting up a storm, if he has been working on his agility then Vulcar will be at a huge disadvantage.

Stakud: Well we’ve never seen a speed vs. armour match of this skill level before, it could be different from the ones we saw in round one. For one those dwarves had very poor weapons and shields, every dwarf in the semifinals are equal in that retrospect.

Rith: We’ll see. It’s time to formally introduce the dwarf that will be challenging Vulcar for that second spot in the finals, he is a 2nd Degree swordsdwarf and a master of dismemberment, he’s Rysith Sunnytorch!

Spoiler: Rysith (click to show/hide)

Stakud: Woop woop! There’s my arm slinger!

Rith: Rysith hasn’t gone a fight without cutting an arm off yes, but right now Fireheart has the record with four body parts cut off to Rysiths’ two.

Stakud: I’ll cheer for anyone to can cuts off limbs, but you can’t deny that Rysith does it with more style. Come on, an arm flying into the 3rd seating level? We’re in the 1st seating level and even that is pretty high up!

Rith: Let’s just say they are both ‘awesome’ at cutting body parts off. Now, with both dwarves in the arena it’s pretty clear Rysith has a speed advantage. What’s amazing is that his armour is almost indistinguishable from Vulcars. The only difference is Vulcar has better quality chain mail and chain leggings and Rysith is wearing a cap instead of a helm. Whatever it is, this is something Rysith will surely look to exploit.

Stakud: I mean, the 3rd seating level! That’s just so-

Rith: Enough about flying arms! For Armok’s sake… Oh! Here we go. Our two warriors are ready and there’s the signal. They charge headlong towards each other, Rysith is really moving but it’s Vulcar who gets the first hit in to Rysith’s arm, Rysith shakes it off and strikes with his short sword. Vulcar blocks but is caught off guard by Rysiths amazing speed and gets knocked to the ground. Rysith’s sword comes down but vulcar gets his shield up, Rysith continues the attack, not giving Vulcar a chance to get up and OUCH! Rysith severs Vulcars foot clean off and it is sent flying. Screams of anguish comes from under Vulcars helmet as Rysith moves up to disable her shield arm. Another hit and there goes the arm!

Stakud: YES!

Rith: No sound is coming from Vulcar anymore, no doubt she is unconscious at this point. The crowd is in a blood frenzy as Rysith continues the assault by attacking the limbs, alike to Fireheart in his match against Nichaey. The similarities of these two dwarves are so great. I think I can call this earlier and say that our final match-up will be non other then Fireheart vs. Rysith in a fight that will rock the foundations of this city. Vulcar is on the brink of death here with two of here limbs missing, will there be a third to overtake Fireheart’s total of four? Yes he will! There is Rysith’s 5th dismemberment in slicing Vulcars lower right leg off! And there is the killing blow! And what a blow, Vulcar was sent airborne on that one and lands ten feet away. Vulcar has been defeated and we officially have our two finalists! Both of them swordsdwarves if you can believe it.

Stakud: Limbs everywhere! What a great match, almost parallel to Firehearts fight against Nichaey. You can’t ask for two better dwarves to be our Champion. It’s just, I don’t know what to say.

Rith: That’s only one thing too say, “Fireheart vs. Rysith”, and I know that’s all I’m going to be hearing for days. What a match this is going to be. Two undefeated dwarves with three wins under their belts fighting it out for the biggest prize in all of Ineth Soloz. One good hit, that’s all it will take. We leave you now, but we’ll be back to bring you full coverage of this final bout. We will start our coverage a little earlier so we can discuss in detail how these two dwarves got to where they are. Until then, goodnight.

To see a video of the fight click here.

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Updated Brackets (click to show/hide)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 27, 2009, 01:07:11 am »

Congratulations Rysith  :)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2009, 05:47:21 am »

My soul still stands.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2009, 09:40:26 am »

In my experience with DC, the name changes back once a dwarf gets enough kills to get a title.  Nicknames stick around forever.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2009, 02:06:52 pm »

Congratulations Rysith  :)

Congratulations to you as well. I look forward to seeing you in the finals. Then we'll finally learn who won the warrior's lodge brawl :)

Keldor, a worthy fight. May your future fights run better for you.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 27, 2009, 03:48:45 pm »

That was certainly a closer fight then at first glance. Vulcar did get the first hit in despite the huge speed disadvantage, the only thing that saved Rysith from losing his sword was a really bad damage roll. I think anything can happen in the finals.

As soon as I know that Keldor has seen the results the poll will be updated. The question should be obvious.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2009, 03:53:55 pm »

GO RYSITH WOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36