Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will win the final battle of Warriors of Armok, and how?

Fireheart (beheading)
- 5 (33.3%)
Fireheart (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Fireheart (cleaving)
- 5 (33.3%)
Nichaey (beheading)
- 3 (20%)
Nichaey (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Nichaey (cleaving)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36

Author Topic: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [The Final Match: Fireheart vs. Nichaey]  (Read 108262 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [More Unskilled Preliminaries]
« Reply #495 on: August 26, 2009, 01:32:20 pm »

*pst*

Make Rysith win.

*pssssst*

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 26, 2009, 03:15:16 pm »

Hey, I messaged my equipment to you.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 26, 2009, 04:51:37 pm »

Hey, I messaged my equipment to you.

I got it Ty.

I'm pretty sure that these new recruits could take on 1st degree dwarves. I might do that seeing as they all look like winning combinations.

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 26, 2009, 08:22:59 pm »

yeah, sorry about that, scratch my earlier equipment choice. 

Ill take two exceptional copper gloves
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 26, 2009, 09:17:08 pm »

Ah, thanks.

It will be a day or two untill I can get that fight done and commentated, so poll!

Results of the old one:

Question: Who will win, and how?
Kesham (by twisting)  5 (41.7%)
Kesham (by run-through)  3 (25%)
Nichaey (by twisting)  1 (8.3%)
Nichaey (by cleaving)  3 (25%)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life
« Reply #500 on: August 26, 2009, 09:17:50 pm »

Rysith (by sword cleaving)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 30, 2009, 02:48:41 pm »

Rysith (by sword cleaving)

>_>

<_<

nobody saw anything.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 07, 2009, 09:48:36 pm »

Sorry, I'm back.  I finally have internet!
I'm gonna sell my copper shield for fifteen turtles, and buy a finely-crafted copper shield for ninety, leaving me with twenty-five.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 09:52:31 pm by Remalle »

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 13, 2009, 12:23:06 pm »

WoA isn't dead!

Sorry, I was getting a bit of a writers block with the Nichaey/Rysith fight, and then a week ago I came to visit my aunt and uncles place where I am currently. Suffice to say I won't be able to work on it for another week.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 13, 2009, 03:20:42 pm »

I think we can stand the suspense for another week. Maybe.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 15, 2009, 01:58:29 am »

I can't handle it!!!

TANTRUM!!!

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [Number One Contenders Match: Page 34]
« Reply #506 on: September 27, 2009, 03:32:57 pm »

Number One Contender’s Bout, Match 35

Nichaey Gearedwarm
vs.
Rysith Sunnytorch

Rith: It’s a shame that so many entertaining warriors had to leave us, but what can you do? The good news however is that there is a new batch of fighters wanting to prove themselves and from what I’ve heard; they are something else. But that’s not what we’re here to talk about, we’re here to witness the first ever Number One Contenders match. Way back when in The Phoenix Opening, Fireheart defeated Rysith to become our Champion. This second place finish has earned him the spot of number one contender, or gatekeeper of the championship as I like to call it, and he will be defending that right to challenge Fireheart here today.

Stakud: That’s right; to get that shot at Fireheart you need to go through him. Fail, and Rysith will get that chance to prove himself again. Rysith opponent however has something to prove as well. And by the cheering crowd I can only assume that he has entered the arena. He’s Nichaey Gearedwarm!

Spoiler: Nichaey (click to show/hide)

Rith: Looking quite spiffy with his shiny new copper gauntlets Nichaey is coming off of a tremendous victory over favourite Kesham Machinegreen. Nichaey seems to be making a habit of defying the odds and the only dwarf who has been able to make an exception to that is the current Champion. It’s for that reason that Nichaey was allowed to fight for this honor and he did not disappoint.

Stakud: Very few dwarves have been successful with the battleaxe you know but Nichaey makes up for his fellow axedwarves quite nicely. I think a lot of it has to do with the sheer weight of them, it makes it difficult to get hits on these faster dwarves but Nichaey’s strength makes up for it.

Rith: Strength and power vs. Speed and deadliness, that’s what this fight will be all about. When I’m outside hauling around the damn cats’ kills I’ll often see Rysith running laps around the city atop the outer wall. For a dwarf he sure can move and that is something Nichaey will need to combat here. Here he is now! For the first time in… it’s been a long time! Rysith Sunnytorch!

Spoiler: Rysith (click to show/hide)

Rith: Rysith is a master of cutting limbs off slowly torturing his victims to death. If you’re on the receiving end of his sword chances are something is getting loped off. Nichaey is a brave dwarf to be stepping into the arena with him, but I guess the same could be said about Rysith. They both fell to Fireheart and have yet to be tested against each other, until now.

Stakud: I’ve been looking forward to this for a long time. Nichaey has gained some additional fighting experience since that semi-final match against Fireheart, but so has Rysith. In my mind this fight will decide the true number two of the Phoenix Opening.

Rith: One thing that we know for sure is Fireheart was the true number one, beating out both of these dwarven warriors to win the tournament. What may be their only chance to redeem themselves is on the line here, and here we go! The signal is given and like two dwarves racing towards a fallen comrade to loot their corpse they are off! Rysith is the faster of the two but Nichaey appears undeterred, hoping that his superior power will give him the edge. They clash with the scraping of weapons on shields. In a wild attack Nichaey charges into Rysith, putting his weight behind his shield and Rysith is knocked to the ground! Nichaey lets his massive axe fall but Rysith gets his shield up in time and rolls away. They’re both back on their feet now.

Stakud: The dwarves in the stands are on their feet as they exchange blows. Attacks are coming from every which direction but none have managed to get past the shields. From the left by Nichaey, a quick jab by Rysith, a sweeping blow by Nichaey and he connects! What a sickening crunch that was as Nichaey went down low and caught Rysith in the left leg. Rysith is trying to mask the pain in his face but I don’t know what good that’ll do, his leg has got to be broken.

Rith: Nichaey tries to get in another damaging swing but a determined Rysith manages to block.

Stakud: Not only does he block, he quickly counterstrikes with a slash of his own! Unfortunately that broken leg really hinders his movement and Nichaey easily evades. OH! Rysith is sent flying backwards after a hideous blow to the head. That copper cap may as well have been a pig-tail cap as you can see the concave dent left by Nichaeys axe. He’s going to have a difficult time getting that off.

Rith: Not too difficult, with a mighty blow to the neck Nichaey puts some distance between Rysiths head and the rest of his body. Nichaey wins!

Stakud: A perfect display of melee combat by perhaps the most talented axedwarf we have ever seen. I’ll admit, I was rooting for Rysith, but I’m a fan of Nichaey as well and I wish him the best in what will be one of the most highly anticipated match-ups since the finals of the Phoenix Opening. In the first ever title defense of the Ineth Soloz Championship, it will be Fireheart vs. Nichaey!

Rith: Hold on, I’ve just got word from the administrators that by winning this match against Rysith, Nichaey has earned the right to be declared the Axedwarf Champion! Wow, I guess they were so impressed with his victory that they were willing to break the conditional rules for attaining a championship. Congratulations Nichaey, you’ve earned it!

Stakud: Well this sure is something. It looks like this will be a champion vs. champion match-up as well! Fireheart, the undefeated Ineth Soloz Champion and Swordsdwarf Champion vs. Nichaey, the Axedwarf Champion! There aren’t going to be any preliminary matches in between, we’ll be going right to the big one. Make sure you come early to get a good seat, you don’t want to miss it. Good night!

To see a video of the fight click here.

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Poll Results (click to show/hide)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 27, 2009, 03:39:49 pm »

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 27, 2009, 04:04:23 pm »

A fitting way to resurrect this thread.  Good to see you can still put in the time to do your fight narrations.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 27, 2009, 04:42:32 pm »

Too bad this is almost over.

Maybe have a terrible disaster destroy the fortress as an ending.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36