Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will win the final battle of Warriors of Armok, and how?

Fireheart (beheading)
- 5 (33.3%)
Fireheart (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Fireheart (cleaving)
- 5 (33.3%)
Nichaey (beheading)
- 3 (20%)
Nichaey (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Nichaey (cleaving)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36

Author Topic: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [The Final Match: Fireheart vs. Nichaey]  (Read 108169 times)

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [The Phoenix Opening: Round 1]
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2009, 02:54:20 pm »

Yeowch! That must've hurt! Oh well, there's always next time. Great job Fireheart.

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2009, 03:05:56 pm »

Lol, I guess sleeping in a fine bed and eating masterfully prepared food doesn't really matter when you're missing a few limbs.  That was an unhappy dwarf.

No but i'm thinking I might change the tournament to be a knockout tourny. 31 is a hell of alot of fights and will take a pretty long time to get through.

Maybe just comment on the people who havn't lost, but still run the other fights?
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2009, 03:07:15 pm »

YAY! I WON!      ;D

Oh hell, I just realized where your avatar came from!  It's the warrior cat series!  I read those when I was younger.  ALL OF THEM.  Hahah.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2009, 03:43:26 pm »

YAY! I WON!      ;D

Oh hell, I just realized where your avatar came from!  It's the warrior cat series!  I read those when I was younger.  ALL OF THEM.  Hahah.

All of them?
They are still going.
RiverClan ftw.

I like how you announced the fight, good job.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2009, 03:47:52 pm »

YAY! I WON!      ;D

All of them?
They are still going.
RiverClan ftw.

I like how you announced the fight, good job.

I read all of them at the time.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2009, 11:22:04 pm »

The Phoenix Opening: Round 1

Match 2: Olon “Workerdrone” Ironglove vs. Diego “The Smasha” Glazesoared

Rith: Welcome back, we’re here live with a special guest, Biblet “The Superior” who suffered a terrible loss to Fireheart in the opening matchup. How do you feel Biblet?

Biblet: Surprisingly good, the last thing I remembered was a terrible pain in my leg, and then I woke up inside the Phoenix Chamber with no injuries whatsoever. I had no idea what was going on until one of the dwarves working here told me I lost the fight.

Stakud: The fight itself wasn’t really much of a contest, what happened out there?

Biblet: He was just too fast, everytime I tried to regain my composure he’d land another damaging blow. I wish I could have done more, but what can you do. Fireheart was the better fighter out there and I wish him the best in the rounds to come.

Rith: Thank you Biblet, truly a humble warrior. Now onto the next matchup, introducing Olon “Workerdrooooooooone” Ironglove!

Spoiler: Olon (click to show/hide)

Stakud: Olon's choice of weapon is the battle axe, of slightly better quality then the one Biblet choose. The biggest surprise here is that Olon has opted to fight without any head protection whatsoever, other then that Olon’s setup is reminiscent of Biblet whom we all know took a savage beating in the first round.

Rith: I wouldn’t count Olon out just yet as Diego “The Smasha” Glazesoared enters the arena.

Spoiler: Diego (click to show/hide)

Rith: Though Diego has chosen the light and fast approach, his equipment choices vastly differ from Fireheart. Diego will be fighting with the war hammer, a fine buckler and a fine plate mail. That plate mail is extremely heavy but with only a hammer and a buckler he is still much lighter then Olon.

Stakud: Olon vs. Diego, Workerdrone vs. Smasha, here we go!

Rith: Both combatants are charging towards each other! Diego is definitely the faster dwarf here and there they go!  Both dwarves are attacking ferociously and blocking with great skill!

Stakud: Wow, we may actually have a fight here! But wait! Olon has lost his Shield!

Rith: Diego, with a savage attack to Olons shield hand caused him to drop his shield. He is in trouble.

Stakud: With shield gone Olon is taking a pounding from Diego’s war hammer!

Rith: Olon is hurting badly. Ouch! With a heavy swing Diego has just sent Olon flying through the air!

Stakud: Look at Diego! He’s like an elephant stalking his prey!

Rith: Olon, laying on the ground bloodied and beaten is continuing to take hits, this is going to be over real soo- OH MY GOD!

Stakud: Wow, it looks like Diego has finally decided to take advantage of Olons unprotected head and with a single blow has smashed it into his body! Olons head is nothing but an unrecognizable mass as Diego scores a decisive victory. One might say that Diego has lived up to his name with a smashing performance!

Rith: How witty of you.

Stakud: You’re just mad that I said it first.

Rith: Yes, I’m crushed, or should I say smashed?

Stukud: …that didn’t even make sense.

Rith: Anyways, As Olons lifeless body is being dragged away Diego is running around the arena in a victory lap.

Stakud: I wouldn’t be celebrating just yet if I were him, in winning this matchup he will move on to fight Fireheart in the Quarter-finals.

Rith: That will be a must-see fight, but right now there are still plenty of contests to go in Round 1 that we will be calling live from the Phoenix Amphitheather. We’re going to take another short break as the next two warriors prepare to do battle in what may be the first evenly matched fight. It’s speed vs. speed when we come back to bring you Urist McUrist vs. Led Warleach.

To see a video of the fight click here.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 11:26:18 pm by BloodBeard »

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2009, 11:22:24 pm »

The Phoenix Opening: Round 1

Match 3: Urist McUrist Hatchetpanted vs. Led Warleach Giltmouth

Rith: Here we are at the Phoenix Amphitheater to bring you match 3 of The Phoenix Opening. Match 3 and the arena floor is already highlighted with a lovely shade of blood red.

Stakud: That is a lot of blood out there… I think some vomit green would compliment it very well.

Rith: You always have to take it a step further don’t you? Moving on, our next match-up consists of two combatants who will attempt to use speed to gain the upper hand, a tactic that has proved to be very effective in earlier fights.

Stakud: We’ve learned that speed is huge part of winning a fight against heavily armoured dwarves, but in a matchup like this so early on in their careers it can go either way.

Rith: Do you have some kind of lever in your head that when pulled changes you from a clown to someone that can make intelligent comments?

Stakud: Can we stay on topic?

Rith: Yes, yes we can because Urist McUrist has entered the arena! The crowd is going wild!

Spoiler: Urist McUrist (click to show/hide)

Rith: Urist will be fighting with the same weapon of choice as Fireheart, an exceptionally crafted copper short sword. Combined with a good quality shield this set-up has proved to be very effective in battle.

Stakud: Urist McUrist, his parents must really like daggers.

Rith: And here comes Led Warleach, a dwarf seemingly not worried about getting hit.

Spoiler: Led Warleach (click to show/hide)

Stakud: I’m not really sure what to make of this setup. Led is one of two dwarves in this tournament to not have a buckler or shield. A dwarf can only be so fast and choosing to not have a shield wouldn’t have slowed him down at all, so why this decision?

Rith: I had a talk with him before this tournament began and he didn’t seem worried about it, with that iron short sword of his I think his game plan is to get in a quick kill shot before his opponent can react. I should mention that Led is the only dwarf in this competition with iron equipment.

Stakud: I think we’re about to begin so we’ll see how this game plan works out. Urist McUrist vs. Led Warleach! LETS GET IT ON!

Rith: The signal has been given and Led is off! Urist hasn’t budged from his position and looks to be waiting for Led to come to him.

Stakud: Here comes Led with an attack to the left and it’s blocked!

Rith: And he just kept going, flinging himself into Urist and they are both sprawled out on the ground! Getting up Urist strikes and connects with Leds left hand!

Stakud: I think it’s only a flesh wound, Led still looks fine!

Rith: Ow, Not anymore. With a deadly thrust of his sword Urist has delivered a devastating wound to Leds right arm, I think it’s stuck!

Stakud: Led doesn’t seem to even notice the chunk of metal sticking in his arm as he continues to attack Urist!

Rith: He’s got heart I’ll tell you that, but he’s got to be hurting right now. Urist is twisting that sword in Leds arm and you can see the pain in his face. There, it looks like Led has had all he could take and passed out. Urist is still twisting that sword, opening that wound wider. Look at all that blood.

Stakud: I think, yes I think Led has now died, from blood loss no doubt.

Rith: That will do it. Urist is raising his blood covered short sword in to air to the satisfaction of the crowd and the crowd is loving it!

Stakud: Led battled bravely but when you have two fast dwarves, one with a shield and one without, the outcome should be obvious. I’m sure Led will go on to winning many fights in the future, but right now the victory belongs to Urist McUrist as he moves onto the Quarter-finals. I can’t wait, I really can’t.

Rith: Me neither, but there are still five more matches to go. Next up we have… Nichaey vs. Necksnapper! If you don’t count shields as armour then you could call Nichaey the least armoured dwarf in this tournament while Necksnapper is THE most armoured dwarf in this tournament. If any dwarf is to prove that a good defense can beat out speed and quality equipment then it will be in this fight, you don’t want to miss it.

To see a video of the fight click here.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2009, 11:45:04 pm »

Diego really "smashed" workerdrone's tough-guy persona. (And head.)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 11:47:57 pm by Rashilul »

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2009, 12:05:18 am »

Diego managed to pierce Olons heart with a war hammer, Dwarfy. (0:32)
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

TerminatorII

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Adamantine Skeleton]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2009, 12:59:22 am »

Name: Vulcar "Butterfly Thrives"
Sex: Female

Equipment:
-Iron Shield-                   300
S Copper Cap S               20
S Copper High Boot (x2) S 60
-Copper Axe-                  120

Cost 500

Like to Lop off her foes arms and then proceed to strangle with her axe. Taking the arms off after all is *just* a flesh wound.

Ohh darn... didn't see that the sign up was closed... put me one the list for next tourny?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:21:22 am by TerminatorII »
No, I think the cook would be in charge of sugar-coating the cows.

You are a lifesaver! Round and probably in tropical flavors.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2009, 05:10:22 am »

Beginning to Regret dropping that shield...
But we will see. If I remember right, Spears get an earlier attack speed right, its extra length and all that, gotta go look it up...
Nope its 2x Crits...
Hey that's better then I remember...

Edit:

Also did some Calculations...
In total I am wearing...
1205.55r
With a DMGBLOCK of...
211.2 all up...
With a Base of around 39.6DmgBlk on everything but the cap...

And at Base I have a Chance for dealing 118.8dmg
Yet one a Crit hit, it will be somewhere around 237.6
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 06:03:21 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2009, 06:26:50 am »

I also felt creative...

“Heah…”

A heavy grunt, rumbled out from beneath his beard as the copper point quivered at the utmost reach that his Spear allowed. While it was a good strike it was still weak and disappointment, pulling back against the weapon he curled it around his body with his own rotation before releasing it like a Snake, its movement was sudden and unexpected, for one second it seemed like he was to swing it around like some axe or sword but its movement was straight and sharp, but still the tip quivered. This time it rested under the chin (and thus poking through the beard) of that of one of the Seven that had greeted them at the Gates. Lowering his spear he looked at the other Dwarf…

“What do you want???”
He asked, his voice rippling with heavy breaths, leaning his spear against his bear shoulder he removed one of the Gauntlets to wipe the sweet from his brow.

“Your meal is waiting for you," A calm response came along with a slight bow, it was as if the spear had not come inches away from piercing his throat, "And your Match against Geshud Rashilul will be starting directly after the next match, it is a shame that you have not been watching the first few…”

“Matters not," he muttered with a shake of his head, he could only chuckle at the mention of the previous matchs… "My opponent will be coming from the one after my own. If I lose will I be able to watch that match or not???”

The other Dwarf did not answer, just turning away before him taking spaced strides at an alarming speed. Once again he shook his head, as he walked towards the dinning room…

‘Oh well,’
he thought, ‘perhaps they are serving my favourites…’

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2009, 07:19:54 am »

Grrrr.  I'm so far up the list, but that will only make the battle better!  Me and my opponent are sortof even matched too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2009, 01:51:51 pm »

TerminatorII: We're only a 5th of the way through the tournament and I may be setting limits on how many more people I take in so if you could repost your request when sign-ups reopen that would be great.

I could get through all 31 matches pretty fast if I only wanted to give brief descriptions but that wouldn't be any fun. As it stands it could take over a month to get through them all so i'm changing the tournament to be knockout. Here is an updated bracket listing, if you haven't read matches 2 and 3 this contains spoilers:

Spoiler: Tournament Brackets (click to show/hide)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2009, 01:59:13 pm »

Well, there's no real reason to give full-blown descriptions for the loser battles, so...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36