Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will win the final battle of Warriors of Armok, and how?

Fireheart (beheading)
- 5 (33.3%)
Fireheart (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Fireheart (cleaving)
- 5 (33.3%)
Nichaey (beheading)
- 3 (20%)
Nichaey (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Nichaey (cleaving)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36

Author Topic: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [The Final Match: Fireheart vs. Nichaey]  (Read 107283 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [The Phoenix Opening: Quarterfinals]
« Reply #195 on: July 16, 2009, 02:14:05 pm »

Why, we can decide by making them fight again!  AHAHHA.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 16, 2009, 02:18:42 pm »

Why, the only solution to a draw is to make them fight to the death!

...oh, wait.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 16, 2009, 02:21:21 pm »

Fight to the death again.   ::)

Ha ha.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 16, 2009, 04:03:33 pm »

Yeah it would probably be decided with a 2nd fight.

On the subject of multiple fights... To avoid any fluke wins I'm considering having all championship fights be best 2 out of 3, or do you think it might take away from the suspense of having everything riding on one fight?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 16, 2009, 05:48:13 pm »

Personally I find it more exciting when all the Warrior's chances are riding on the outcome of a single fight.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 16, 2009, 05:50:32 pm »

Personally I find it more exciting when all the Warrior's chances are riding on the outcome of a single fight.

Same.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 16, 2009, 06:18:18 pm »

I like it.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 16, 2009, 09:12:09 pm »

Battle is a tug of war of life and death...
Already this arena takes half the fun out of it by allowing the dead to rise again, but then this wouldn't be half as fun on the flip side of things...

But to ask if a 2 out of 3 would be better...
I think in all fairness or such a similar word...

Only the final fight should be a best of of 3 or so. This doesn't make anything less suspense but to make for a more darmatic fight don't cha thing...
Naturally the fights leading to this one is a two dwarfs enter, one bloody yet moving one leaves...

OH AND GET TO MY FIGHT!!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2009, 12:21:24 am »

The Phoenix Opening: Quarterfinals, Match 11

Nanothnir Shadowstrike
vs.
Vulcar Torchhonor

Rith: It’s the 11th match-up of the tournament and the 3rd of 4 quarterfinal bouts. Last match we saw Nichaey come back from a severe injury to defeat Urist McUrist and give us our first semifinal contest. There will be 2 semifinal matches and each will determine whom we will be seeing in the finals. As always two dwarves will be battling to the death, why don’t you introduce our first warrior Stakud?

Stakud: Gladly. Our first dwarven warrior is a 1st Degree Speardwarf who bravely fought without a shield in the first round. Things are different today as he comes here with an exceptionally made buckler; it’s Nanothnir Shadowstrike!

Spoiler: Nanothnir (click to show/hide)

Stakud: Nanothnir delivered a powerful thrust of his spear to the chest of Deathlord to make it here and he did it without the aid of a buckler. Why the change of equipment Rith?

Rith: Well this a whole different game in the quarterfinals. The strong have been separated from the weak and you need to be prepared for anything. When you look at what Nanothnir’s opponent did to Barbaros in the first round, a shield is a must.

Stakud: A must yes, but is that enough? Introducing Nanothnir’s opponent, a 1st Degree Hammerdwarf, it’s Vulcar Torchhonor!

Spoiler: Vulcar (click to show/hide)

Rith: Vulcar put on a dominating performance in the first round against Barbaros “The Destroyer”, leaving almost no bone unbroken with that bludgeoning block of copper she has. Barbaros fought with a spear so Nanothnir isn’t anything new to her.

Stakud: But Deathlord fought with a mace, which is not much different from fighting with a hammer so both dwarves will have experience on their side.

Rith: Nanothnir and Vulcar look to be ready and they have been signaled to begin! This quarterfinal match-up is underway as Vulcar makes a dash for Nanothnir with her hammer swaying wildly, much like we saw in her last fight. Vulcar comes in quick with a bash to Nanothnir’s arm and did you hear that sickening crack? Nanothnir’s spear falls from his hand and this fight looks to be over already!

Stakud: Nanothnir is in serious pain. He tries to fight through it and bash Vulcar with his shield but she will have none of that. Vulcar adds insult to injury as she continues to attack Nanothnir’s arm. I’ve never seen a hammerdwarf cut limbs off before but she is coming close as Nanothnir’s arm is looking more and more like a chunk of butchered meat.

Rith:  Charging forward Vulcar takes out one of Nanothnir’s legs with a brutal strike and he falls to the ground. Vulcar makes sure that he stays down as she mangles Nanothnir’s other leg. I’m having flashbacks to what she did to Barbaros in the first round…

Stakud: It’s a truly horrible and yet awesome sight to see as Nanothnir lies battered and broken on the arena floor. Vulcar looks to be lining up a shot here, and here it comes! With a powerful underhand swing Vulcar bashes Nanothnir in the head and sending him soaring through the air towards the arena door. Ouch! With a sickening crack Nanothnir collides with the door, breaking whatever bones were still intact. Vulcar is the winner!

Rith: Yes, with another brutal display of hammerdwarfship Vulcar defeats Nanothnir and moves on to the semifinals.

Stakud: We’re seeing some pretty tough warriors getting knocked out here. Urist McUrist, Nanothnir, and both dwarves in our next fight are just as good. I think we will be seeing some great rematches further down the road between these fighters.

Rith: Further on yes, but for now we still have four matches to go in this tournament before a Champion is crowned. Will it be one of these two dwarves? It’s ToonyMan vs. Rysith, next.

To see a video of the fight click here.

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2009, 12:22:10 am »

The Phoenix Opening: Quarterfinals, Match 12

ToonyMan Dwellingmirrors
vs.
Rysith Sunnytorch

Rith: Here we are, the last of the quarterfinal match-ups. It’s been a long ride but the dream ends for one of these two brave warriors, at least for now. For the winner, the journey continues.

Stakud: So far we’ve had a swordsdwarf, an axedwarf and a hammerdwarf move on to the semifinals. I like that the semifinals are so diversified and no single weapon has dominated this tournament, but we’re about to double it up here tonight with this match-up in adding another hammerdwarf or another swordsdwarf. Both have proven to be dangerous killing tools in their own rights, but do you think that weapon type will prove a deciding factor here?

Rith: It’s more about how you use it then what you use, I believe skill and determination will play the deciding factor in a match like this. The similarities between these two dwarves and their setup are too many to count.

Stakud: Fair enough, and with that here comes the first competitor in this 12th match-up. A 1st Degree Hammerdwarf, it’s ToonyMan Dwellingmirrors!

Spoiler: ToonyMan (click to show/hide)

Stakud: ToonyMan fought a very defiant Damug in round one who made great use of his shield after being disarmed by ToonyMan. ToonyMan defeated him but not before taking some minor injuries. He was the only winner of round one to take injuries wasn’t he? He’s got to be more careful this time around because if you get caught like that, you’re not likely to get a second chance unless your name is Nichaey. ToonyMan’s opponent is a 1st Degree Swordsdwarf and a very technical fighter, it’s Rysith Sunnytorch!

Spoiler: Rysith (click to show/hide)

Rith: In Round One we saw Rysith face off against Remalle in a battle that would spill much blood, all of it Remalle’s.

Stakud: It was like watching some gory, bloody ballet with Rysith disarming his opponent with ease. Rysith definitely has some skill, but looking at what Vulcar can do with a war hammer against a precision weapon, I’m at odds at who will win this.

Rith: I think both of the have the capabilities to win this, so I’ll repeat what I said before in that the one with the most determination will win. Oh, it looks like we’ve begun; ToonyMan is off to a running start. He’s yelling some kind of war cry, I can’t make it out. ToonyMan takes a big swing but with the agility of a… thing that is really agile, Rysith jumps out of the way. Rysith charges and attacks but it’s blocked, it looked like he tried to knock ToonyMan off his feet but bounced right off him. ToonyMan is laughing manically as he tries for another attack but it’s blocked. These two dwarves look pretty evenly match right now.

Stakud: Do I cheer for ToonyMan to SMASH or for Rysith to send some limbs airborne? I don’t know!

Rith: Rysith tries for another charge and this time he succeeds, ToonyMan is sprawled out on the ground and scrambling to get up, but not before Rysith gets in a devastating slash to his lower body. That chain mail did little to protect him as he takes a short flight before landing in a pool of blood. Whether that’s his blood or blood from a previous match I can’t tell. Regardless ToonyMan is seriously hurt and bowed over in pain. That may have been the deciding hit in this match-up.

Stakud: Rysith is looking really good in this fight, is it just me or does he look faster?

Rith: I noticed that, maybe this training is paying off. Rysith approaches a wounded ToonyMan and delivers another savage blow to the body. I think ToonyMan has had just about all he can take and looks to have passed out, but that doesn’t stop Rysith as he continues this brutal assault. OH, with a vicious strike to the head ToonyMan is airborne once more. The crowd seems to be love it has they cheer him on. Rysith acknowledges the cheering fans to their satisfaction and points to the upper levels. What is he doing?

Stakud: I think I know what he’s doing, I knew I brought my catchers mitt for a reason!

Rith: Rysith winds up for a slash, and ToonyMan’s arm is sent flying! Holy, look at that thing go! The arm has cleared the arena wall and went somewhere overhead.

Stakud: I think that sucker went up to the third level! Wow, what a dismemberment!

Spoiler: Arm (click to show/hide)

Rith: The crowd is going insane after that display of impressive yet disturbing swordsdwarfship, but we have a match going on and Rysith still needs to finish off ToonyMan. Rysith returns to hacking and slashing at his unconscious body. With one final swing to the upper body ToonyMan is sent soaring through the air, again, before falling into a pool of his own blood and vomit. The crowd roars to life once more as Rysith defeats ToonyMan to takes the fourth spot in the semifinals, there he will face Vulcar for a chance to fight for the championship against the winner of Fireheart vs. Nichaey. What a day this has been with comebacks, savage beatings and whatever crazy thing that just happened here. It will only get better next round as we give you play by play accounts of the last two matches before the championship bout. It’s the Semifinals of The Phoenix Opening, don’t miss it.

To see a video of the fight click here.

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Updated Brackets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 12:34:56 am by BloodBeard »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 18, 2009, 01:05:11 am »

Why do you always seem to have one move and the other stay still...
It seems to happen in every battle. Could have been different if my guy didn't think he could take a blow from that hammer straight off and attacked instead...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2009, 03:47:31 am »

Try making both dwarves berserk at the same time. Berserk dwarves will still attack each other, and do so with more enthusiasm.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2009, 07:31:50 am »

Justice has been dispensed.  But there are still dwarves who have been sentenced to a hammering.  I may not rest until they have received their allotted number of hammerstrikes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 18, 2009, 08:45:33 am »

My guy is tough he was sent flying THREE times!   ;D  I'm awesome.

EDIT:  Oh, and I'll be rooting for Rysith from now on.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 08:53:09 am by ToonyMan »

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 18, 2009, 10:04:44 am »

My guy is tough he was sent flying THREE times!   ;D  I'm awesome.

My guy is strong, he sent you flying THREE times! I'm awesome.  ;)

A good fight. I salute you.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36