Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Confessions of a DF Addict  (Read 1828 times)

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
Re: Confessions of a DF Addict
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 05:45:46 am »

...this is amazingly small for how much pleasure it gives so many people.

:o

dwarfs are small too, but it does not apply to every aspect of their life (if you know what i mean)! so is the game maybe it self is small on the harddrive, but what it does to your cpu is another story
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 09:17:21 am »

Hey, it's not the size of the directory, it's how you use it.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 09:30:02 am »

No. Size DOES matter. Ask anyone.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 07:07:02 pm »

Well, if the size is reasonable, it doesn't. Otherwise it does. Imagine a whale-size di...rectory. That would be crazy.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 07:48:29 pm »

...this is amazingly small for how much pleasure it gives so many people.

:o

STOP CRIMINAL! PAY THE COURT TOAD A FINE OR PREPARE TO BE BANNED IF YOU CONTINUE CONVERSTATE ABOUT SATAN Double Entendre!

Yeah, really.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 08:20:55 pm »

Hmm 3GB of DF stuff. Though, I have never cleaned it out as i have plenty of space to spare. It's getting pretty hard to navigate through it all, and finding the right DF folder as I haven't really named any in a recognizable order. Haha, the way i do it now is i label the folder I am currently playing as 'currently playing' or something else to that affect. Only problem is I now have 3 folders named like this so i don't know which one i am actually playing  :-\ . I don't suggest this organization method to others...

hehe.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 08:32:37 pm »

Hmm 3GB of DF stuff. Though, I have never cleaned it out as i have plenty of space to spare. It's getting pretty hard to navigate through it all, and finding the right DF folder as I haven't really named any in a recognizable order. Haha, the way i do it now is i label the folder I am currently playing as 'currently playing' or something else to that affect. Only problem is I now have 3 folders named like this so i don't know which one i am actually playing  :-\ . I don't suggest this organization method to others...

IMG=Folders hehe.
Hmm, I have a similar way, of course seperating from simple changes and whatnot. Kinda wish I remember to use a fresh installation instead when I first started it. It takes a bit to delete all those exrta images as well as saves and gens. Though, it does make some things interesting if adding/removing things in during a game can alter the universe.

Like, for example, I have a well running fort, and now all of a sudden, my livestock is overrun with brahmin from the fallout mod, or something like that.

Kinda gives me an idea for the side. How about I try to mod stuff in as I play? Like the nuclear catsplosion thing, except have them babbling as well or something like that, and not nuclear, just plain burning, while (if possible) fireproof, but still feeling pain? Sounds fun. Heck, I'll even see if I can genetically mutate all my local cats into carippos or something.

EDIT:
BTW, Boatmurdered Sucessor; is it related to Boatmurdered in any way? (IE, is the location/save?) If so, UPLOAD!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 08:43:46 pm by Itnetlolor »

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 12:07:23 am »

No it was a succession game that was a spiritual successor to boatmurdered. Well, It didn't get very far (link). I think that folder also had the skyseal successor in there as well as a couple of other games and some pictures.
Pages: 1 [2]