Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: UltraFinder 2.8 - Embark Finder (Post ideas and requests for the next release)  (Read 51255 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress UltraFinder (World Generation Script)(W.I.P)
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2009, 12:52:00 pm »

Is this supposed to gen multiple worlds, or just go through world gen once and kill off all the non-optimum worlds?

As of current, this generates a world, if it doesn't find what its after, it generates another and another and another x9 then clears the directory and starts over.

Basically this thing will run indefinately until it finds what it is after.

I think that's why I'm not seeing the amount of awesome that everyone else is. Using Vista, if that matters, I can only get it to make one world at a time.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

jarathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey - this sounds like a cool program, but I'm having a problem similar to the one that was noted earlier. UltraFinder just gets to the f9 screen and stops. I've tried it on my copy of 40d11 with graphics, and on vanilla and graphics 40d12, vanilla 40d13, and even 40d. I even tried running it in a couple compatibility modes - no luck.

I did check to make sure all of the init settings for UF and DF were right for each time, and it is in the right directory, and I messed around with the key delay some.

I'm running Vista 64-bit, so that might have something to do with it.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, seems vista is my bane. I am working on win7 and have tested it on xp with the normal version, altered tileset with a different colour scheme and also with the Mayday DFG and it worked each time. I do have access to a Vista computer, but not for at least another 9-10 hours when I get home from work.

Technically this should work with 40d+. Each OS seams to have a window title bar of varying heights which interferes with coords on the screen; I have inbuilt a mechanism to overcome this, though obviously the mechanism is running afoul in vista. Or maybe it's a 64-bit thing.

Sorry guys. I'll try and get on top of it as fast as I can. Are there any people here with tales of success?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 05:47:45 pm by GFXiNXS »
Intel i7 980X 6-Cores @ 3.8GHz
6GB DDR3 8-8-8-24 @ 2000MHz
Radeon 5970 - Stock Clocks

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yep, I'm using vista and it's working fine (now.....)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a tale of partial success and partial defeat. Using my Vista, and a very specific set of conditions that would never be met by genning normally, I've found that your program can meet about 7/8 of my desired conditions consistently. I assume that this is why you have it rigged to make nine. It's getting close enough each time that if I use it enough it will be correct.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile

Funny, with 2.5 I am now getting the 'stuck on F9' problem  ;D

I am also running vista BTW, but not 64 bit
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, I'm putting a new version out that will hopefully counter the dreaded F9 bug. All screen scans are now overly generalised to the point that nothing should get by (whilst still remaining accurate). This doesn't seem to impact performance in any noticeable way.

Good luck - I think it's time for me to grab a beer.

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com

When world size is set to medium UltraFinder will generate a world, put in the search options and before the search is finished it will quit and start to generate a new world, once this new world is done generating UltraFinder just stops working...

Also the F9 bug is still there, being evil.

EDIT: To anyone who has given up because of the F9 bug, just re-start DF and hope the F9 screen doesn't come up. Also, a sand finder would be amazing.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 12:58:57 pm by Lamp »
I would like to point out that this is not DF 3.0, but DF 0.3.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Yes, the f9 bug is evil. Seriously, though, I've seen what this thing has come up with (dwarven dream map). Also, something to check whether water is fresh or saline.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress UltraFinder (New V2.5b! F9 bug fix ...I think) (W.I.P)
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 06:37:00 pm »

Well, with 2.5b I am no longer getting the F9 problem, however the script still does not progress past the generation of the first world, it still just stalls on the confirmation screen of the first world and goes no further. For me anyway :\

Oh well, I can just keep genning world after world to get what I want.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

jarathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2009, 07:19:56 pm »

Sorry man - the F9 bug is still here for me - I even found a place in the init file where I had typed YEs instead of Yes, and I thought that that would fix it, but no luck.

I hope this can get fixed - this is something I'd really like to be able to use.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress UltraFinder (New V2.5b! F9...I hate you) (W.I.P)
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2009, 09:35:03 pm »

Yeah, the damn thing is driving me nuts. I might try the opposite approach to what I've previously been trying. Rather than broadening my search and making it more generalised I might clamp it down and make it more restrictive. See if it can swallow that.

Again, at work (with a work experience kid not too far off keeping me from deviating from my regular routine work), so there'll be a good number of hours before I can try this.

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 10:42:28 pm »

however the script still does not progress past the generation of the first world, it still just stalls on the confirmation screen of the first world and goes no further. For me anyway :\

I've got this too...

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress UltraFinder (New V2.5b! F9... I hate you.) (W.I.P)
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 10:47:51 pm »

It's a good tool works to some extent for me. Giving ALMOST the world i want, but cutting out the feature i want most Magma, and for some reason, i can only run it once, then i have to restart my computer for it to work again.
Reasulting in this :
WARNING! following image contains blood and part or all could disturb you to some degree
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i am running Vista 64bit
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com
Re: Dwarf Fortress UltraFinder (New V2.5b! F9... I hate you.) (W.I.P)
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2009, 10:57:51 pm »

Kalida, are you sure it is completely closed? It doesn't always quit by itself (For me at least) you need to right click the little red box in the bottom corner of your desktop, near the clock, and press quit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20