Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Playwrights of Armok: Act 1  (Read 1844 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Playwrights of Armok: Act 1
« on: July 04, 2009, 12:51:27 pm »

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
     - William Shakespeare.

Above a starlit sky is all that is seen, barren dark and brilliant, distant and cold.
Below a wooden stage floor, covered in covert hatches, slits, and stagecraft contraptions, but none protruding to obscure vision, all lit by as by a master of that art, but the lights themselves nowhere to be found.
To all sides the stage continues, mile after mile until all swallowed up by the dark mist.

Spoiler: RULES (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 12:54:36 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Playwrights of Armok: Act 1
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 01:08:45 pm »

I'll play on the condition that its a 1940's theme with a detective as its leading role. I don't want the lead, but there just has to be a detective.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 01:12:17 pm »

1490's theme, Strife is a private eye. That's the closest you'll get.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 01:17:38 pm »

My personification's attempt to sign up:

"Hello, I'd like to apply for the role of death."

"Nah, you're no good. Next!"

"What? I'm perfect for the role!"

"Sorry kid, ya just don't have that look."

"LOOK!? I'm a freaking skeleton in dark robes with a scythe and everything! You can't look more like death then I do!"

"Sorry, but you just don't have that feel. When I look at someone I can tell if they've got it; and you do not."

"What do you mean?!"

"I'm saying that you might look the part, you just don't have that attitude. There's no deathly chill, or unearthly raging. You're terrible for the role"

A change overcame the lich. It was subtle, but terrifying.

LISTEN HERE YOU IGNORANT PIECE OF MEAT CONTROLLED BY A BAG OF WATERY PUS. YOU WILL GRANT ME THE ROLE, OR THERE SHALL BE SUCH A RECKONING OF SUCH AN INTENSITY THAT THE GODS THEMSELVES WILL COWER IN TERROR BEFORE THE UNHOLY SCOURING OF THE LANDS THAT WERE YOUR HOME. NOTHING WILL EVER GROW THERE. THE RUINS WILL ONE DAY BE BURIED BY THE MOVING OF THE LANDS. BUT THERE WILL BE AN ETERNAL SCAR UPON THE WORLDS. FOR UNDER THE DEAD UNHOLY LANDS THAT YOU ONCE CALLED HOME THERE SHALL BE A CHAMBER. IN THIS CHAMBER THE WALLS WILL BE OF FLESH. THERE WILL BE A THOUSAND EYES LOOKING IN. EACH OF THESE IS ONE OF THE CHILDREN OF YOUR LINE THAT MAY HAVE BEEN. EACH OF THESE SHALL HAVE A DOZEN MOUTHS. THEY SHALL ALL ASK YOU BUT A SINGLE QUESTION. IT IS A QUESTION OF THEIR SUFFERING AND THE REASONS BEHIND IT. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ANSWER IT. I WOULDN'T ANSWER IT IF I WERE YOU EITHER. AFTER ALL WHY TELL THEM THAT IT COULD ALL BE PREVENTED BY BUT A SINGLE WORD. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT WORD IS? I DO. THAT WORD IS YES. GIVE ME THE ROLE.

"...okay"

"Wonderful! I'll begin rehearsing immediately!"

With that he left, leaving a very shaken casting director behind.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 01:29:00 pm »

((NME: you've got it, you're awesome.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 01:34:48 pm »

Perhaps the theme can be anachronistic. With a 1940's detective in it, as well as 1490's things like thatch in architecture, merchant families and the general style of the time alongside the factories and poorhouses of industrial revolution era england.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 01:53:38 pm »

((that sounds good actually. OK.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 02:13:35 pm »

I'd like to audition for the role of the inept 'Side-Antagontist'.

"Listen you mooks. If there's one thing I know, its how to catch a good doer. Can you catch a good doer?"

"No boss. But what exactly IS a good doer?"

"A good doer can be any number of things. The hobbit with his best friend overwatched by homoerotic themes. A generic hero with his band of other generic identities, riddled with cliches...or worse of all. A OUT OF PLACE PRIVATE EYE FROM A FAR AWAY ERA THAT HARDLY ACCOMPLISHES ANYTHING BUT SOMEHOW AVOIDS ALL OF OUR SCHEMES AND PLOTS."

"Like that guy?"

Cue the leading role bumbling through a busy street, avoiding various hazards without any effort, such as falling vases, crude motor-cars, and freak piano accidents.

"DON'T JUST STAND THERE YOU OAFS. GET HIM!"

As for the OTHER inept henchman, they however face the wrath of every single hazard that the main character somehow avoided in a matter of seconds. Vases smash down on heads, men fumble into the crowd, a few get flattened and thrown over the roof of cars, and the last one is flattened by a SECOND piano, just after the hero leaves in the destruction's wake.

"DRAT. DOUBLE DRAT! Now I'll have to meet up with the main character at a predetermined time and place AGAIN. BY I SHALL HAVE MY REVENGE."

The one remaining crony coughs.

"Uh sir. What exactly did this guy do?"

"..."

"Shut up."

"Yes sir."

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING ENTIRELY DIFFERENT.

"Have you problems...down there?"

BZZZZT.

Note that I'd plan on being entirely serious once this actually starts. Though you'd have to give me something to work with, that isn't entirely fangled in your interpretation.

And please, no cliches like the dozen I mentioned in the above.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 02:25:24 pm »

Backstage: The lich is walking along when he runs into workerdrone.

"Ey drone, I just got me the part o' death, I 'ave. What'd you audition fer?"

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 02:42:08 pm »

"Facebreaker." He replies shortly, and gruffly, before vanishing out of sight. He was DOUSED with the stench of rum.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 03:02:46 pm »

"Now that's unusual, 'e's usually a rather pleasant cutter; right now 'e looks like 'e could put some poor berk in the dead book 'e does."

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 03:14:02 am »

"Hello. I'm applying for the role of female copy of a nearly invincible, unageing, eternal warrior. I feel that I am qualified for this task by nature of actually being one."

"Sorry, you're not allowed to play yourself."

"Oh. Alright then. How about an expert martial artist and sniper?"

"OK."

"Thank you."
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 03:15:29 am »

((that'd be a bow & arrow or crosbow sniper, because the seting excludes guns.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...