Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can anyone help me  (Read 2734 times)

AdamN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can anyone help me
« on: July 09, 2009, 11:45:50 am »

i am playing a game and even though i have been closing down the genetics plants and the police and court house most of the laws are conservative. What am i doing wrong?

heres my save:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=78c76e00cc51385a67cd7f7bd65f7eefe04e75f6e8ebb871

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone help me
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 12:33:41 pm »

Being lazy and without downloading it...
(well you are too just uploading your save and not explaining the situation...)

Is that all you have been doing?  Attacking those places and shooting people up?

Most importantly, have you been alienating the masses?  Shooting while moderates are present isn't going to make em like you... far from it...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 07:57:18 pm »

Not really, you only alienate them if you shoot first. But if the conservatives attack you first, and you only fight back, they won't get alienated.

Well, either that, or because they already run away after the conservatives take their turn.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

cribozai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 12:46:35 am »

This is an issue in the 3.19.4 version where you will cause a "rampage" and thus it won't count as a good act. It will count as an act of unprovoked violence.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 12:48:50 am »

If society isn't used to political violence, there will be a newspaper reporting it as a "RAMPAGE", yeah. And try not to be the one to shoot first, at least not in front of moderates/liberals.

Also, you maybe shouldn't JUST be shooting places up. Try to get some writers to write for the Liberal Guardian, vandalizing machinery (and engaging in the other yellow event things) and that sort of stuff.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 01:17:12 am »

Closing the Police Station is a bad idea, mind you. If you close that down, you'll be causing people to actually want stronger Police Behavior laws. The only benieft to shutting down the Police Station is to prevent the police from raiding you, but if you want to make the laws more liberal, the Police Station is counterproductive.

Shut down AM Radio and Cable News instead. Those two buildings make society more conservative, so if you shut them down, people will only get their news from LIBERAL news stations, thereby making society more liberal.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 01:40:59 am »

Closing the Police Station is a bad idea, mind you. If you close that down, you'll be causing people to actually want stronger Police Behavior laws. The only benieft to shutting down the Police Station is to prevent the police from raiding you

... It does that!??!
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 01:56:15 am »

Yes it does. It's a trade off, prevent police from raiding you at the cost of turning Police Behavior laws more conservative.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 05:17:16 pm »

I wonder if shutting down the court delay trials....
Hello Hunam

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 10:25:18 pm »

The game tracks a bunch of different issues and usually public opinion on them is completely unrelated.  So shutting down the police station, genetics company, etc will make the public liberal on some issues but they'll drift towards conservative on others.

And obviously, once public opinion changes you need to wait for the public to vote in liberal politicians.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 10:27:12 pm »

I wonder if shutting down the court delay trials....

IIRC, no, but the court house holding cell has very liberal security.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 10:00:13 am »

As does the jury box.  Massive free juice.