Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Economy  (Read 5307 times)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: Economy
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2009, 11:10:16 pm »

You think the Palestinians moved into refugee camps because they wanted a change of scenery?

:D

It's sad how many people look at it that way, and know nothing about world history.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2009, 04:33:35 am »

You think the Palestinians moved into refugee camps because they wanted a change of scenery?

I don't recall the Zionists waltzing into Palestinian settlements and stealing their homes.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2009, 10:08:04 am »

Well, quite a few Palestinians can tell stories of Israeli soldiers doing exactly that.  Hell, it was happening just a few years back before the walls went up.  After the IDF finished leveling a settlement, settlers would show up and claim that it was their land now.

All those area's full of Israelis used to be full of Palestinians.  They didn't just leave of their own accord.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 10:10:53 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2009, 10:36:03 am »

Well, quite a few Palestinians can tell stories of Israeli soldiers doing exactly that.  Hell, it was happening just a few years back before the walls went up.  After the IDF finished leveling a settlement, settlers would show up and claim that it was their land now.

All those area's full of Israelis used to be full of Palestinians.  They didn't just leave of their own accord.

Hold it. What history period are we talking about? Aren't we talking about the pre-Israel period? I don't exactly recall the army bulldozing settlements and building their own. That's stupid. I don't think there has ever been an army in the recorded history of time that levels a city just to rebuild it. Wouldn't it make more sense to just steal the city?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2009, 10:47:54 am »

What's unusual with leveling a city to rebuild it?  We do that all the time.  There are two construction sites within three blocks of my apartments where they tore down old buildings to put up new ones.  Of course the worst that can happen here is that you'll be forced to sell under eminent domain.  But forcing people out of their homes happens all the time.  Just recently, China is drowning an entire city and all it's history in order to make a dam.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2009, 08:13:50 pm »

I don't recall the Zionists waltzing into Palestinian settlements and stealing their homes.

*cough*

My point was that Ben Gurion was the guy who pardoned the bastards. He was a founder.

To say nothing of the fact that Irgun's leader was the 6th prime minister. Lehi's leaders fared almost as well; though Stern may have been summarily executed by the British in '42, Yellin-Mor managed to be seated in the first Knesset, and Shamir eventually succeed Begin as Prime Minister. These people weren't exactly ostracized for what they did.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2009, 05:30:17 am »

*cough*

My point was that Ben Gurion was the guy who pardoned the bastards. He was a founder.

To say nothing of the fact that Irgun's leader was the 6th prime minister. Lehi's leaders fared almost as well; though Stern may have been summarily executed by the British in '42, Yellin-Mor managed to be seated in the first Knesset, and Shamir eventually succeed Begin as Prime Minister. These people weren't exactly ostracized for what they did.

This is the 3rd time I say it. We're talking about the period BEFORE the founding of Israel!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2009, 07:49:13 am »

This is the 3rd time I say it. We're talking about the period BEFORE the founding of Israel!

Deir Yassin massacre: April 9th 1948
Israeli independence: March 14th 1948

::)
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2009, 08:31:18 am »

Deir Yassin massacre: April 9th 1948
Israeli independence: March 14th 1948

::)

May 14th actually. Which sort of validates your point considering that March comes BEFORE April while May comes AFTER April.

Never heard of the Deir Yassin massacre. Seems to me like terrorism alright. You win this one.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]