Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dreams.  (Read 1452 times)

Mapleleaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dreams.
« on: February 06, 2010, 07:20:36 am »

Do you ever get that sudden impulse to construct something incredible, then waste countless worlds looking for a semi-suitable site that has all the idyllic things you need to make it happen?

I have. :v
I've been wanting to build a real Fortress for a while (not the usual 'burrow' where you just tunnel into the mountain and build rooms, but more where you make a grand entrance with a lot of fortifications but also pretty things) but I either don't find a suitable site for it after hours of searching, or I do and I find out that the idea is rather impossible unless you find the perfect site for it, with a huge level 9 mountain that is basically a cliff, with a forest next to it.

*sigh* if only DF had a dream-machine where it gens the perfect dream world.

Share your DF dreams that were never fulfilled.

Nagassh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 07:41:07 am »

A fortress that is continually assaulted by the undead, it's what both of my last 2 fortresses have been (and both have been castles with drawbridges, ramparts and towers).

The amount of times I've regenned a world in search of an infinite lava and magma source in a terrifying neighborhood - prefrebly with other features too ~ sigh.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Dreams.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 03:18:49 pm »

Been working on it for some time. It needs no introduction.