130 - 139
- 58 (25.1%)
140 - 149
- 38 (16.5%)
+ 150
- 50 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 231

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: IQ of DF gamers?  (Read 18980 times)

Balathustrius

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
    • In which I post pictures
Re: IQ of DF gamers?
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2009, 01:44:58 pm »

I would like to direct everyone here to, oh, browse through the GameFAQs forums for a few minutes. Not to see any specific thing, but rather to see the rather obvious dichotomy between the ability of the posters there to string together coherent sentences compared to the posters here.

We probably have a higher average age-level here, though.  Isn't GameFAQs mostly 11-yo-old console kiddies?
You have struck Microcline!

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2009, 01:45:11 pm »

The high IQ of DF players might come from its complexity. Those who think its too confusing usually leave in the first minute.

Its a stupidity filter!

There's also a selection bias towards people
A: Knowing their IQ in the first place
B: Hanging out on internet forums as a social activity
C: (as discussed) playing DF in the first place
D: Hanging out on this forum
E: Reading a topic about IQ
F: Self Reporting IQ.

Sowelu:  I took that same test too.  Fortunately I gave them a dummy email address cause damn...  I noticed the first repeat question on the 3rd page, but decided it was probably confirming consistancy.  I must have taken 30 mins worth of them (I was REALLY bored at work and didn't have anything better to do with my time).  I've always gone with 'it says you are persistant as my excuse.

Edit: For no YouTube at work types

Editer: More people are dumb
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:50:01 pm by Granite26 »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2009, 01:48:30 pm »

Sowelu: Hah, those are awesome. Do you know where those sites are? And why did you take so many IQ tests?/

Sadly, last time I saw either of those was ~4 years ago, they're quite likely not even online anymore.

And because EVERYONE likes a program that tells them they're smart!  Why think, when you have a machine that tells you you're thinking instead!  Also I was bored.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2009, 02:44:49 pm »

Nice, the IQ test site managed to fire off its mail to my junk adress, finally.

It says 140, and I call bullshit. I bet it adds 20 points when you decide not to pay and substracts 40 when you start to give them your money... But seeing what I did to my brain in the last decades I just dont think 140 is in anyway true. Especially since I was overly tired and still on strong pain medication when I took the test. I estimate I have to hover somewhere around 120 or so, maybe a bit lower.

I can see it in everydays life, I'm a bit faster than most folks when it comes to grasping stuff, and a bit slower than some of them.

And either way, I dont fit in. I'm the jockiest of all nerds and nerdiest of all jocks ...  :'(
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 02:47:35 pm by Puck »

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2009, 02:46:52 pm »

And either way, I dont fit in. I'm the jockiest of all nerds and nerdiest of all jocks ...  :'(

Reminds me of me. Lets steal a table in the cafeteria.
!!&!!

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2009, 02:48:42 pm »

ALRIGHT! and lets build a skate/bikeramp out of it, but letz calculate the angle with SCIENCE !

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2009, 02:49:27 pm »

Sadly, last time I saw either of those was ~4 years ago, they're quite likely not even online anymore.
The endless IQ test was from thespark.com, which now redirects you to a sparknotes site.

I got 129, which is alright for an online test and considering I haven't sat down and done any maths for several years (I'm 24). I'm shocked at how long I needed to think about things that I would have worked out as quickly as 2+2 ten years ago.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

[P]sYDoNiA

• Bay Watcher
  • Quick, Hide the Weed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2009, 06:13:38 pm »

Reminds me of me. Lets steal a table in the cafeteria.

Brothers. Let this be meeting be three.

And THIS just gave me an awesome idea for a new thread.... :D
//The Knight of PsYDoNiA\\
\\     .:JoiN The Order:.   //

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2009, 06:47:05 pm »

I took the test

Got a 126. I used to score a...118, I think.

While yes, it did make my ego swell with pride, I very much doubt this test is legit.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2009, 07:33:18 pm »

OH WOW COOL I wasted minutes of my life taking the stupid test and now I have to pay to get my results.
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2009, 07:37:14 pm »

Just choose 150+ to be cool like everyone else.   8)

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2009, 07:39:49 pm »

Nope, Slappy. Just check your email. You have to waste money if you want the "complete" version, whatever the hell that means. I guess its just auxiliary poppycock.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2009, 07:53:48 pm »

so... that test is flawed. Even for such a short test.

I got a 138 (very gifted), while I should score much lower as
1- I'm a non-native english speaker
2- I wasted lots of time messing with the batteries in my faltering mouse.
3- Never did an IQ test before, so score should be fairly low-end.
I'd have expected a fair score of 110-120 as I'm on the topside of average intellect. According to this test most of us are a genius. :P

Now those people have my email, I feel stupiderer already.   
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:59:32 pm by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2009, 07:55:46 pm »

I think 3 doesnt matter.

But yeah, the email part is true  ;D

But that's what disposable mail adresses are for...

edit: but I'd like to see the three people that voted  <80 speak up... if they can type, that is  ;D
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:57:46 pm by Puck »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2009, 08:03:47 pm »

To be fair, I wouldn't have guessed Areyar wasn't native to english- you're certainly better in text than most of the people on popular forums.

Anyway, those that voted <80 are probably either brave or have serious self-confidence issues.

I voted 130-139 because that's where I usually score on Bellevue school district tests... and Bellevue seems to (generally) be tougher than most, although we took a dent just like everyone else from No Child Left Behind and similar stuff. IMO, people with developmental issues should be in their own programs, not normal people taking everything and a developmentally issued pace...

Anyway, the IQ tests here are probably skewed a bit.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14