130 - 139
- 58 (25.1%)
140 - 149
- 38 (16.5%)
+ 150
- 50 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 231

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: IQ of DF gamers?  (Read 18897 times)

[P]sYDoNiA

• Bay Watcher
  • Quick, Hide the Weed!
    • View Profile
IQ of DF gamers?
« on: July 06, 2009, 01:01:33 am »

So, when I made the 'Age of DF Gamers' I was not aware of the 'poll' button. (Shock! Horror!)

So... just out of pure curiousity...

What is your most recent IQ score?

If you know it, then go ahead and vote. If you don't, then you can take the test... For the lazy man/woman, heres a link

If you are uncomfortable with your score, then just do it anonymously. If you are paranoid and uncomfortable, I suggest you see a therapist.
(From what I have seen so far, I don't think you can directly tell who has voted in a poll...)

Oh, one more important thing:

Intelligence is relative.

It is especially true with your intelligence quotient, because 100 is the average for your age

Which means,

If at 14 years of age you score 116
and then,

At 19 years of age you score 112

This does not necessarily mean you are dumber!

It just means, when you were 14, you were smarter than the average person of your age.

At 19, you still are, but less above the average.

So think about that the next time you try to compare IQs with your previous ages...

EDIT:

It would be nice if you drop in your IQ score and your age too... just be more awesome.

Please no bullshitting, or anything like that.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:20:21 am by [P]sYDoNiA »
//The Knight of PsYDoNiA\\
\\     .:JoiN The Order:.   //

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
Re: IQ of DF gamers?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 01:29:34 am »

This poll is flawed in the sense that nearly no one on the forum will value themselves under 100. Nearly everyone in this forum is too busy being egocentric on their ASCII high horse and thinking themselves superior to everyone to realize that we're all probably around 100 or so.

My apologies to the top 1%.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:31:23 am by Im_Sparks »
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 01:36:05 am »

Really? I thought the problem was that I've never found a free online IQ test that seemed legitimate and I have no idea how to get any other.

Also, to me, not knowing is more fun than knowing. Also more face-saving.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 01:37:54 am »

Really? I thought the problem was that I've never found a free online IQ test that seemed legitimate and I have no idea how to get any other.

Also, to me, not knowing is more fun than knowing. Also more face-saving.

This is the standardized test. I have not taken it in 2 years. I'm going to retake it now.
http://www.3smartcubes.com/pages/tests/iq-test/iq-test_instructions.asp
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 01:46:56 am »

hehe, just took mine, i was surprised, it was quite a bit higher than i anticapated. I guess now i can brag to some of my friends about being smarter than them hehe!
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 01:54:17 am »

Fact : IQ tests are garbage. Especially internet IQ tests. I've taken a couple, I always get a score of 140-160 (I am NOT a "genius"), and then they try to sell me a certificate with my score on it.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 01:56:17 am »

And I quote: Im_Sparks, your IQ is 132

I'm calling shenanigans on this test. There is no way I'm that smart, as many of the questions were quite simple for me, and I'm a high school student.

Unless I am that ungodly smart, which in that case it is hilarious.

Fact : IQ tests are garbage. Especially internet IQ tests. I've taken a couple, I always get a score of 140-160 (I am NOT a "genius"), and then they try to sell me a certificate with my score on it.
Exactly. I don't believe any "test" will correctly gauge your intelligence in 30 questions.

It's all rubbish, anyways. If you know you're smart, you don't need a test to reinforce your belief that you are.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:58:54 am by Im_Sparks »

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 01:58:13 am »

EDIT: Terribly sorry for double-posting.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 02:05:04 am »

The internet ones are not as spot on as the actual ones because, well face it no one wants to sit on thier computer for three hours taking a 300 question quiz, these one are pretty close, being off from any where from 1-20 basically, the more questions the more accurate, but off course there are un documented sides to your intelligence rating, fatigue, hunger, etc which simply can't be put into your test so ALWAYS expect you test to be off by quite a few points.
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Jualin

• Bay Watcher
  • What's that sound?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 02:07:38 am »

150 of IQ.

I prefer to think that an IQ is not a measurement with any innate value, and cannot account for physical skills, physical talents, unusual thinking patterns, and sheer dumb luck.

But I'd be lying if I said deep down that result didn't give me this giddy sense of glee.  ::)

Now I've got to find a video of some child ubermensch online doing something improbably awesome to kick my ego down to size. Like curing cancer, or knocking out adult grizzly bears at the tender age of 10.

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 02:11:17 am »

I normally score in the 100-110 range but I got 126 on this one. o_0
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 02:13:43 am »

The problem I have with IQ tests (to clarify further than "they're garbage"), is that what defines intelligence is really subjective. Some of the best writers and musicians I know couldn't do Grade 9 level math to save their life. They would score badly on IQ tests. They are, as far as I'm concerned, brilliant people.

It's like asking someone if they know how to paint and having them respond "Yes, I am a 27."

Morbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 02:34:34 am »

I wonder how I only got 92.
y fortress is a truly horrible place to be. Imagine what other forts must be like if dwarves still imigrate there.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 02:43:29 am »

I drag this link out whenever an IQ discussion comes up:

http://www.bash.org/?758032

Seriously though, I'm great at tests, and I'm especially great at IQ tests.  Which kind of sucks when you get placed based on them as a kid, instead of a more realistic assessment.  Any kid with a good interest in math should know everything they can find on an IQ test, and most people who are in a good mood can ace those questions at which point it becomes "how fast can you read".

Nine year olds should not score 160 on a written IQ test, just because they aced it in under the time limit :x The official, written ones seemed really simple..  In any case, yeah, it wasn't all that accurate.  But I'm answering the poll anyway WOO!

I'm 25, and my last score was something like 149, but I don't remember the last time I didn't ace one of those tests so I'm just taking the last official written score I got, which was 160 at age 9.  Internet ones rarely go up as high.  Kind of funny how your score can vary so widely based on what the highest the test goes up to is :x

You know what would be awesome?  A test designed for well-rounded college graduates, where having all the knowledge would mean taking at least second-quarter classes in a wide variety of subjects.  Obscure literature is way better than vocabulary tests!  Advanced logic!  Math that's higher than geometry!  Chemistry!

(because seriously, I was pissed off when I aced the math part of my GRE and got, like, 90th percentile for a perfect score...and 97th or something for a less-than-perfect english score.)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 02:48:18 am by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Vampire Penguin

• Bay Watcher
  • Forced on the bandwagon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 03:07:39 am »

Apparently 131. Though I did get impatient and guess on some of them. I got bored. Plus Asperger's.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14