130 - 139
- 58 (25.1%)
140 - 149
- 38 (16.5%)
+ 150
- 50 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 231

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: IQ of DF gamers?  (Read 18808 times)

Leartes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IQ of DF gamers?
« Reply #195 on: July 13, 2009, 04:33:14 pm »

I didn't read through all of this, just took the posted test - and took it serious (not calculating stuff with calculator / making drawings) but thinking serious and I scored 150. - Usually I score about 125 to 130 in larger tests, so I'd conclude this one is really bad with higher ratings.

Anyway, what does it tell me now ? That I am a genious ? Most likely not! It only tells I am good at working on logical problems and that I am good at working under time pressure - at least for half an hour  ;D

Papa Cauldur

• Bay Watcher
  • Eater of Yatagarasu
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 13, 2009, 05:41:06 pm »

Mine said 150, but I seriously doubt it.

IQ tests remind me of a quote about Nethack. "The DevTeam has arranged an automatic and savage punishment for pudding farming. It's called pudding farming."

jamoecw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 14, 2009, 01:56:27 am »

you're welcome, i try to read all those that reply to my posts.  first off let me say that we are in agreement that the question is bogus due to all sorts of unaccounted variables.  second would be the observation that your given experience involved a sealed container, which as the water became steam, it increased the pressure, which in turn made the steam hotter (more so than the water since water isn't as effected by pressure).

you're right an argument would be pointless, after all real world experiences trumps both text books and faceless people on the internet ;D.

since you shared your insight into your answer i'll do the same.  having taken many iq tests in school, which as part of the physics section sometimes ask "which is hotter boiling water or steam, choose the best answer from those given." and i always answered steam.  then when i got to biology i was taking a test that had that same question, and since the teacher was big on lab work i had boiled water in class on more than one occasion.  as i was mindlessly going to pencil in the letter for "steam" it hit me that i had been in fact in contact with the steam while working with the boiling water, and that i had always done this with boiling water, so i thought for a second about if they were talking about the steam bubbles in boiling water, but realized that the rate at which it cooled would have to be greater than when it hit the cooler air above the water, which to me didn't make sense, so i put down "boiling water" instead, knowing full well that i would get that question marked wrong (which it was).

Mu.

• Bay Watcher
  • Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 14, 2009, 07:18:21 am »

over 9000

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2009, 08:15:46 am »

I took a real doctor-administered test when I was little and got 148.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]