Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Typical Elven Dick Move  (Read 1131 times)

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Typical Elven Dick Move
« on: July 06, 2009, 01:12:03 pm »

In my pocket world, my brave band of adventurers managed to end 'The Titan Age' by killing the Titan who had stalked the world for the mere 30 years I had run the gen for. Anyways, before we could kill him, we fought a random giant bat and unfortunately one of the swordsmen in my party had both his hands ripped off and a leg (no idea how he got so unlucky).
Back at the Human city, I maxed out the size of my party and we went to the Elven retreat we were at war with and began fighting. We killed over 40 elves before being cut down.
Anyways, my newest adventurer is a dwarf. I went to talk to the Elven druid who gave me his 'We're at war spiel' but when he told me where his enemy was, rather than mentioning the human town, he told me to go to the cave.
I've been assigned to kill the armless, defenseless former companion of my brave previous adventurer.
Needless to say I'm a giant asshole.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: A Typical Elven Dick Move
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 01:19:12 pm »

Hmm, I assumed they just went crazy and died.  That means that there are now 6 wounded companions and most likely a dead or injured cyclops in one of the caves on my map.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 06:29:02 pm »

you're playing a dwarf  and you have'n cut down every elf on the map yet? You suck, in addition to being a giant dick.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 12:03:11 am »

you're playing a dwarf  and you have'n cut down every elf on the map yet? You suck, in addition to being a giant dick.
Fair enough Rowanas but I only like to attack civs my adventurer's civ is at war with. I just feel it adds a bit more realism to the game.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 04:26:19 am »

Ah, I might've tried that but it turns out that my Dwarf was at peace with everyone. I had to start every fight myself :D
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 04:56:48 pm »

The best way to stir up trouble is to bring party members from a neutral human civ into harms way (i.e bring them to an elven retreat your dwarves are at war with). The local leaders might begin asking you to kill particular elves which is lots of fun.