Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: RESOLVED: tile border lines  (Read 5724 times)

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RESOLVED: tile border lines
« on: July 08, 2009, 11:00:55 pm »

I recently returned to DF with d13. I  have a problem. I also have that problem in d12, so clearly I'm doing something wrong.

So this is how DF used to look on my screen:

(minus the dithering, thanks ms paint!)

Everything's fine. Now I lost my init.ini, tried to reconfigure my settings, and this is how it looks now:

OGOD THE GRIDLINES MAKE THEM GO AWAY

Seriously though, how do I make it look like it used to? I play in fullscreen mode on a 22" widescreen monitor. Whatever I do, I can't get the game to fill up the screen normally without all those damn gridlines. Other settings might get rid of the gridlines but won't fill up the screen. And I can't stand them!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 08:49:04 pm by ZeroGravitas »

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are all these lines doing on my screen!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 11:48:47 pm »

where?
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

dualR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 12:07:19 am »

I think it's a problem with the zoom. Try scrolling the mousewheel.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 12:26:57 am »

Oddly enough I wouldn't mind some grid lines.

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 02:03:21 am »

I see nary a difference.
..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 02:20:10 am »

THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 03:03:42 am »

There's an option in INI to resize font or black out the space around symbols.
Set it as:
[BLACK_SPACE:NO]
Finis sanctificat media.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 04:38:11 am »

That won't really help. Black-space: no is pretty much broken with zoom.

The grid-lines should go away if you set black-space to yes and then turn off zoom by pressing f12. Meanwhile, both of those issues have been fixed for d14; if you use linux, you can grab d13-head which also has the fixes.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 10:39:06 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions.

For the people who don't see a  difference:

ARE YOU BLIND?? Look at the header that says "Dwarf Fortress". Do you not see all the vertical lines? Now look at the 1st pic of the floodgate examine. Do you see any vertical lines on the header??

Better yet, look at the area map in the  right-most panel. Do you  not see that every single square is bounded by a horizontal and vertical line??

Seriously, sometimes I think these are the stupidest forums on the internet.

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 11:12:51 pm »

Gravitas, I'd like you to do two things... first is calm down.  Getting pissy with people who don't see any problem because they've gotten used to the same thing isn't going to help you.

Secondly, _YOU_ came to them asking for help with something you see as a problem, so maybe you could ditch the arrogance and be thankful they're even trying to help.  Otherwise you may find them more and more reluctant to bother with your foolishness.
Demon of Darkness

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 11:55:16 pm »

Gravitas, I'd like you to do two things... first is calm down.  Getting pissy with people who don't see any problem because they've gotten used to the same thing isn't going to help you.

That's just the reason I provided an example of each. The only way you can not tell the difference is if you don't actually look at the pictures.

Secondly, _YOU_ came to them asking for help with something you see as a problem, so maybe you could ditch the arrogance and be thankful they're even trying to help.

That's just it. They're not trying to help. As either

1) they don't see it as a problem, thus they have nothing to contribute;
2) they are unable to recognize the problem, and thus they have no ability to contribute.

Otherwise you may find them more and more reluctant to bother with your foolishness.

If that means less people post who are unable to recognize vertical and horizontal lines all over my screen, that's fine. I'd rather not have their opinion, which was sort of the point of my rant after receiving a solution.

Thanks for your input.

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 12:22:43 am »

ive only ever seen something close to that when i had a graphics pack on. but as someone else suggested try seeing if its still there after doing abit of zooming with the mouse wheel.
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 12:37:41 am »

Yeah, calling us all idiots will solve the problem. That'll make us *want* to help you. Great people skills.

And because I like to be helpful, even though you not deserve it, try changing your resolution. If that doesn't help, which it probably won't, you can also change the grid size in the ini.

And short after that you can take a long walk of a short pier.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 12:45:44 am »

Yeah, calling us all idiots will solve the problem. That'll make us *want* to help you. Great people skills.

Hi! You don't seem to have posted in this thread before. More to the point, you don't seem to have failed the test of "is there an obvious series of lines covering one screenshot and not the other?" Thus, I'm not sure why you'd assume I was calling YOU an idiot.

In fact, upon re-reading my post, I don't see the word "idiot" anywhere! I believe I said "these are the stupidest forums on the internet", which isn't directed at you or any one person.

And because I like to be helpful, even though you not deserve it, try changing your resolution. If that doesn't help, which it probably won't, you can also change the grid size in the ini.

Unfortunately, you failed the other test of "reading the actual post before posting a reply".   If you had successfully read the original post, you'd know that changing the settings does not work.

And short after that you can take a long walk of a short pier.

Unfortunately, the nearest pier to me is quite a long one. Thanks for trying, though.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 12:48:50 am by ZeroGravitas »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 12:59:30 am »

First thing's first: Take this, it will make you calm down.

Now! This looks exactly like normal 40d, which I use. The grids are unique to the region map, no? Which by the way, you must scroll to see. Protip, using Flickr will let you scale the images which is nice. At the very least it wouldn't hurt to add 'please scroll to see the problem' or something, especially since most people don't use the region map.

Anyway, I'm not honestly not sure what makes the grid on the border (and presumably everywhere else, but it's black so can't see it) go AWAY like the first screenshot (in which again, you can only notice the not-grid on the border, so its easy to miss). The default seems to be with grids (which aside from the borders and region map, I can't even see with Mayday tileset) so I have no idea what you did to make them go away.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: [1] 2 3 4