Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: RESOLVED: tile border lines  (Read 5726 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: What are all these lines doing on my screen!
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 12:35:39 pm »

I suspect most people who replied asking what lines you meant were looking for some sort of grid lines across the play area. The border of the window isn't all that important, and likely wasn't what they were looking at.

QFT.  I had the same "Uhh, is your monitor broken, I don't see any lines on the playfield" thing.  I didn't see the problem on the map because the screenshot is FRICKEN HUGE and I wasn't feeling like scrolling right if you weren't feeling like pruning your screenshots.

I mean you might think this is tremendously important, but to the rest of us, this issue has absolutely ZERO GRAVITAS.

(ba-dum tish)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 09:30:39 pm »

I mean you might think this is tremendously important, but to the rest of us, this issue has absolutely ZERO GRAVITAS.

(ba-dum tish)

*wince*

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 12:16:16 am »

I suspect most people who replied asking what lines you meant were looking for some sort of grid lines across the play area. The border of the window isn't all that important, and likely wasn't what they were looking at.

EXACTLY.  ;D
Finis sanctificat media.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2009, 12:44:14 am »

How the hell did you guys not notice the lines when you first saw them? They look ugly as hell, I don't think I could even play DF with those lines everywhere like that.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2009, 12:53:19 am »

How the hell did you guys not notice the lines when you first saw them? They look ugly as hell, I don't think I could even play DF with those lines everywhere like that.
Lines as lines, why do you think they're ugly? They're just lines. ;-)
Finis sanctificat media.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2009, 01:09:45 am »

Practice makes perfect.

Tradition is hard to be noticed.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2009, 01:32:59 am »

For me, it's always been like that. They're just lines on a part of the screen that has nothing to do with gameplay, so I ignored them. Why would some lines in a non-gameplay area bother me?

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2009, 02:08:17 am »

Yeah, calling us all idiots will solve the problem. That'll make us *want* to help you. Great people skills.

Hi! You don't seem to have posted in this thread before. More to the point, you don't seem to have failed the test of "is there an obvious series of lines covering one screenshot and not the other?" Thus, I'm not sure why you'd assume I was calling YOU an idiot.

In fact, upon re-reading my post, I don't see the word "idiot" anywhere! I believe I said "these are the stupidest forums on the internet", which isn't directed at you or any one person.

And because I like to be helpful, even though you not deserve it, try changing your resolution. If that doesn't help, which it probably won't, you can also change the grid size in the ini.

Unfortunately, you failed the other test of "reading the actual post before posting a reply".   If you had successfully read the original post, you'd know that changing the settings does not work.

And short after that you can take a long walk of a short pier.

Unfortunately, the nearest pier to me is quite a long one. Thanks for trying, though.

Dude, shut up.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2009, 02:11:00 am »

Yeah, calling us all idiots will solve the problem. That'll make us *want* to help you. Great people skills.

Hi! You don't seem to have posted in this thread before. More to the point, you don't seem to have failed the test of "is there an obvious series of lines covering one screenshot and not the other?" Thus, I'm not sure why you'd assume I was calling YOU an idiot.

In fact, upon re-reading my post, I don't see the word "idiot" anywhere! I believe I said "these are the stupidest forums on the internet", which isn't directed at you or any one person.

And because I like to be helpful, even though you not deserve it, try changing your resolution. If that doesn't help, which it probably won't, you can also change the grid size in the ini.

Unfortunately, you failed the other test of "reading the actual post before posting a reply".   If you had successfully read the original post, you'd know that changing the settings does not work.

And short after that you can take a long walk of a short pier.

Unfortunately, the nearest pier to me is quite a long one. Thanks for trying, though.

Dude, shut up.

I lol'd.

Yeah asking for help and shortly thereafter being a complete jerk is not a great way to make friends. Who knows though, maybe he has social issues. I'm not one to judge, I generally dislike other people.

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2009, 08:08:06 am »

Bleh.

Anyways, I do see grid-lines too in the game area. Look carefully at the wagon, for example.  ???
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2009, 08:39:56 am »

QFT.  I had the same "Uhh, is your monitor broken, I don't see any lines on the playfield" thing.  I didn't see the problem on the map because the screenshot is FRICKEN HUGE and I wasn't feeling like scrolling right if you weren't feeling like pruning your screenshots.

If you can't bother to scroll a screenshot to the right, you probably shouldn't bother trying to help people in Q&A/help threads.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2009, 10:42:55 am »

If you can't stop discussing an already solved matter, you probably shouldn't bother trying to help people in Q&A/help threads. :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2009, 01:16:01 pm »

If you can't stop discussing an already solved matter, you probably shouldn't bother trying to help people in Q&A/help threads. :)
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2009, 05:27:40 pm »

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2009, 12:16:08 am »

Anyways, I do see grid-lines too in the game area. Look carefully at the wagon, for example.  ???
I see the ropes that strain the wagon canopy. ;-)
Finis sanctificat media.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4