Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unable to remove?  (Read 1189 times)

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Please stop reading this, I will be banned if yo-
    • View Profile
Unable to remove?
« on: July 09, 2009, 07:30:20 pm »

I can't remove libral crime squad , anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Ok so far I am able to remove it but My computer froze while doing so. Has anyone had this problem before? Oh and I was running the original(dL'd from the bay12 site), Im on vista
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:41:00 pm by Uber dwarf2.0 »

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to remove?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 08:00:16 pm »

So you can't simply delete the whole folder, huh?

Can't say I have a lot of Vista experience, but it's either you got a damaged drive or you don't have the rights to delete stuff.

Try if you can view all the files in the folder, that could explain if it's the damaged drive.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 08:04:08 pm »

Can't say I have a lot of Vista experience, but it's either you got a damaged drive or you don't have the rights to delete stuff.

Try if you can view all the files in the folder, that could explain if it's the damaged drive.

Ok I was able to delete frist it said that I didnt have the right to change its name? Then I restarted my computer I was able to remove it at the cost of freezing. It kept on saying that the folder was in use. I was able to delete its contents tho so thats kina strange

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 08:22:40 pm »

ok I can play the game in the folder that good enough?

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 09:12:00 pm »

Yeh, so it's the rights. Can you run Vista in Safe Mode or something? Delete LCS then.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 09:20:17 pm »

Ok, so I think it'd be better if I explained again

so I Dl'd the game tried it , didn't really like it. So I was goona delete it. When I try to remove it it said that the folder was still in use.Ok so I tried deleting the stuff inside the folder.It worked? So a blank folder can not be used but I can remove its goods? Anyways I belive it's the curses.dll causing this at the time,so I decided to try to rename the folder. But for some reason I'm not allowed to rename the folder.PLUS IM THE ONLY USER ON MY COMPUTER,so Im kina confused. although jumping back to when I just discovered this problem the propertys menu of the DLL show that the BLOCK button is now UNBLOCK so I guessing my computer locked it out or it was defualt'd like that.Now anyways continuing on ,so I restart and move the LCS folder into the recycling bin and proceed to delete it.During the last portion (80ish percent) my computer froze so I had to shut it down. When I rebooted the file was indeed gone ,but just to make sure I searched up the folder and I got a few shortcuts?Which is weird, Ok so after that I decided to post this thread and I am currently scanning my hard disk for Hard errors.I've had problems like the before.But when I did hard drive scans nothing came up.Oh by the way Im using the BIOS scanner that came with my HP computer.Well getting back to my recollections so anyways. One time I reformated but when I tried to remove nortion my computer would freeze. And that time norton came WITH my computer(it was a demo)

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 09:21:33 pm »

Yeh, so it's the rights. Can you run Vista in Safe Mode or something? Delete LCS then.

I am able to delete it but since Im the only user how come I cant remove it? oh and the thing I posted above was made before I read your reply, so you might wanna consider reading the whole story

Edit: So Im not allowed to remove it because its in use but In not allowed to rename it because I dont have the right? WTF
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 09:24:08 pm by Uber dwarf2.0 »

cribozai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 12:43:59 am »

I am able to delete it but since Im the only user how come I cant remove it? oh and the thing I posted above was made before I read your reply, so you might wanna consider reading the whole story

Edit: So Im not allowed to remove it because its in use but In not allowed to rename it because I dont have the right? WTF

Concerning rights on windows. There is a hidden administrator account that is never used and normally never logged in to by the user, since this account is actually quite unsafe to be using. This has been a problem for ages since it sometimes does this.
I had a empty folder i could not remove on my work computer. Restarted, and i could delete it. This is indeed frustrating.
Hope you get it deleted in safe mode. Also you can log in as administrator in safe mode to be sure you can delete it.

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 10:44:11 am »

Concerning rights on windows. There is a hidden administrator account that is never used and normally never logged in to by the user, since this account is actually quite unsafe to be using. This has been a problem for ages since it sometimes does this.
I had a empty folder i could not remove on my work computer. Restarted, and i could delete it. This is indeed frustrating.
Hope you get it deleted in safe mode. Also you can log in as administrator in safe mode to be sure you can delete it.

Thank you but I must ask Is all of this caused by the Curses .Dll? It said to put it to System32 wich I did not do but could it have acted as somekind of driver?