Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Bay 12 Recorded Call/Podcast/Whatever: Questions For Toady  (Read 41643 times)

Kennel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Recorded Call/Podcast/Whatever: Questions For Toady
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2009, 11:37:01 am »

Do the megabeasts mate and reproduce? Why not? It might lead to interesting variations

I actually kind of like this question.  Though it would probably never happen in fortress mode, it might make sense in world gen.  Although, it would only take two dragons to have babies that eventually make a world populated ONLY by dragons.  Or hydras.  Or giant bunny-headed cow-hoofed tentacled monstrocities.  :o

Reproduction might actually come "soon":
"#  I.B: Wilderness population/megabeast reproduction and improved population tracking (Core78) "

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2009, 07:24:41 am »

Would you consider making DF a low-cost shareware? Many independent programmers are, would this allow you to work on your DF project much more and eliminate other distractions in your life if DF made you money? Older version free, current version $3, all upcoming versions until a major update $10, lifetime membership $XX?

Personally I would very much support DF becoming non-freeware if it would let you work on DF more.

And I'll second this question:
Overly verbose questions from Aqizzar-

Weird business on the forum has been a recurring distraction.  Without going into future plans or recriminations, how do you view the membership your forum has attracted?  Or Dwarf Fortress' whole audience?
Does forum management and dealing with flame wars distract you from working on DF?

I don't think Toady1 could work more on DF without giving up his end-month projects, which are necessary to keep fresh/sane.

Personally I donate periodically when I have spare money, I prefer the obligation free nature of my relationship with Bay12 and I suspect Tarn feels the same way about obligations.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2009, 11:42:47 pm »

Would you consider making DF a low-cost shareware? Many independent programmers are, would this allow you to work on your DF project much more and eliminate other distractions in your life if DF made you money? Older version free, current version $3, all upcoming versions until a major update $10, lifetime membership $XX?

Personally I would very much support DF becoming non-freeware if it would let you work on DF more.

And I'll second this question:
Overly verbose questions from Aqizzar-

Weird business on the forum has been a recurring distraction.  Without going into future plans or recriminations, how do you view the membership your forum has attracted?  Or Dwarf Fortress' whole audience?
Does forum management and dealing with flame wars distract you from working on DF?

I don't think Toady1 could work more on DF without giving up his end-month projects, which are necessary to keep fresh/sane.

Personally I donate periodically when I have spare money, I prefer the obligation free nature of my relationship with Bay12 and I suspect Tarn feels the same way about obligations.

He basically already spends all his time on DF. Right now, you can support him via donations.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2009, 03:27:46 pm »

Hmm I cannot remember. Is toady going to go on his month end break or did he lose it due to something that happened earlier?

Opps I put this in the wrong spot... Sorry about that. Ignore this post.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 03:33:42 pm by Neonivek »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2009, 05:26:56 pm »

Hmm I cannot remember. Is toady going to go on his month end break or did he lose it due to something that happened earlier?

Opps I put this in the wrong spot... Sorry about that. Ignore this post.

From July's Bay 12 Games Report:

Quote from: Toady One
I'm happy with the progress on squads so far, all things considered.  I'll be continuing on with that this month as the main object of work, possibly throwing in some of the other diverse remaining items left in the other categories on the list.  Month-end breaks are cancelled until I'm done, but I might take a day or two off depending on circumstances.

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2009, 11:24:17 am »

On the bay12games main page there is a picture that seems to detail a hallway ending in a vault door. What is the origin of this picture?

I've always wondered...
Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2009, 11:59:13 am »

On the bay12games main page there is a picture that seems to detail a hallway ending in a vault door. What is the origin of this picture?

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=38165.msg632136#msg632136

(if anyone feels weird about me preemptively answering some of the more direct questions in here, just PM me and I'll shut up)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2009, 02:11:28 am »

No frankly I have no problem with people answering these questions before they reach Toady especially with things he said before or that are right there in the Devs.

Yes I know it is somewhat hypocriticle that I made a similar post that did in fact involve things Toady said before... I just though it was appropriate though.

Though I am a total weirdo so I have no idea if this is how everyone else feels.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2009, 09:40:24 am »

I concur... you are doing a good job keeping your answers factual and referenced, which are the big dangers in preemptively answering questions.

I haven't seen you say anything that isn't 100% supported by previous firm statements.

Keep up the good work

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2009, 12:23:07 am »

One week left; I've already begun choosing my PICKS.

Kelbin

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:terrifyingly blocky features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2009, 01:29:21 am »

When Kobolds become playable, will i be able to tell my Shaman to throw a cave hornet's nest at that pesky knight thats been camping outside my cave for a few weeks?
Coalition soldier cancels attack dummy brain: interrupted by Rocklet. x6
Rocklet has scuttled!
Crab has been crushed! x106
Coalition soldier has been crushed! x6
Crab has been crushed! x43
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]