Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Toon Mafia - Day 4 - Fatal Decisions - GAME OVER  (Read 25998 times)

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia - SignUp?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2009, 06:19:59 pm »

This looks insane enough to be interesting, so I'll join. I'd suggest, though, determining the number of pro-mafia roles ahead of time and then selecting people randomly, rather than allowing a random number of people to be pro-mafia. Probability will be annoying from time to time.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2009, 06:32:18 pm »

I don't really want the Pro-Town to know how many Mafia guys are in a game though.  It heightens the atmosphere.  Maybe I'll choose....hmmmm.  I might just go with an exact...

signs Rysith the Baby Sniper up

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2009, 07:41:51 pm »

I'm joining, although I don't have a clue as to how you play.

Can I be a MAFIA HITMAN!?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2009, 07:45:29 pm »

RARR!!  SINISTAR HITMAN!!!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2009, 08:33:20 pm »

How do I play?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 08:46:30 pm »

How do I play?

Look at other Mafia games or something.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2009, 08:48:49 pm »

How do I play?

Look at other Mafia games or something.
Don't worry, the rules will be explained at the end.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2009, 08:51:49 pm »

If you survive!  Muahah!  We have 10 players so far!  Yah!  That means I'll start this tommorow at 4 pm EST!  Maybe we'll have 12 by then!  Yah!  Yah!  RARR!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 12:09:46 am »

I can't find any specific rules. can someone summarize them?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 01:11:22 am »

Sure thing. There is mafia, which is a small portion of the players. They know who each other are, and want to kill all the players. They can attempt to do so with Night Actions, which happen during the Night Phase. More on that later.
They can also attempt to Lynch a player, which happens during the Day Phase. Lynching is when a person is voted to be killed. As in: 'I think that guy is a mafia guy, so I vote That Guy'. The Town (the portion that is not Mafia) wants to kill the mafia, by Night Actions or Lynching.

There are two Phases, Day Phase and Night Phase. The game usually starts in the Day Phase, during which players choose who they want to lynch by voting for someone. Then the Night Phase happens, where Town and Mafia send in their actions.

Different Town and Mafia players have different roles, and different abilities.
For example, a person with the role of Cop who is on the town side can investigate a player, and find out if they are town or mafia.
A person with the role of Surgeon can save a player from death by the mafia or another player that night.

The mafia get to choose who to kill during night phase, similar to lynching except they don't post in the main thread. Instead, they PM each other and the GM on who they want to kill.

The roles people get are usually private and randomised. Someone might be a mafia, they might be a cop, they might not have a role (This is usually referred to as being a townie).

Most of the game is spent analysing other peoples posts. If someone is acting oddly, maybe they are trying to conceal their status of being mafia, or maybe they are just odd. Then, people will lynch each other based on their posts, attempting to find the mafia. In a Role heavy game, where most of the players have a role and are not townies, sometimes people will prefer to wait for the Roles to find out who is mafia and not, and then lynch based on solid evidence.

That's about as simple as I can make it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2009, 01:23:29 am »

Thank you. My lynching will be educated as of now.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2009, 02:02:31 am »

Though don't discount random votes,making them can be a risky move,however it can allow you to jar a person into making a shady post or have someone give you a valid reason not to kill them,making evaluation of individuals easier.

On the other hand,it may get you killed.

Also... I'm in.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 06:16:57 am »

There is no townie in my mafia, hopefully this doesn't mean half of the players die during the first night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 02:06:37 pm »

I guess I'm starting this in a hour.  Let me get everybodies roles.  This game is going to be very weird.

*hopes Pandarsenic doesn't get mad at me for taking his idea

So with 11 players that will make 3 Pro-Mafia guys.  Just to make that clear.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2009, 02:49:57 pm »

Sinistar watches over the a small, isolated island in the area of "Whatnow?!".  Crazy things always happen there, but all was fine.  Until...there was a massive raid on the island, all where killed except for a select few (11) that were to partake in a life or death game.  A game of Mafia.  All 11 said that this was obserd how they have to play a silly Mafia game to live or die!  No one acted though, because if they didn't get along with the government they would be killed anyway.  Might as well do this thing and have a chance of survival.  So the 11 got their RP stuff and whatnot and where split into two teams.  The Pro-Town (which was a majority, but had less info) and the Pro-Mafia (which are fewer, but know more).  Which ever team won would live.  If you weren't killed playing the game!  Muahahah.  *cough*  The role-cards give powers to each player to actually become the person they play so the stakes are high.  You all go to the town hall to figure this thing out and win!  Atleast for the Pro-Town, the Pro-Mafia would like to see you all dead!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19