Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Toon Mafia - Day 4 - Fatal Decisions - GAME OVER  (Read 25982 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Toon Mafia - Day 4 - Fatal Decisions - GAME OVER
« on: July 11, 2009, 05:35:19 pm »

Toon Mafia

I really tried thinking of some awesome title and theme for this Mafia game I want to make, but nothing good came up.  So it's simply called Toon Mafia.  Yeah.  Awesome.  The roles will be yorkish though, very classy.  Maybe.  Ergh.  Don't listen to my lies!

The roles are a secert.  There is a great line between town and scum roles though.  IN BOLD LETTERS.  Ok.  The low-down is I'll tell you what you are after all the sign-ups.  The scum will be 1/4 of the guys. (maybe)  Got it!?

Come join the fun.  I will be pleased if I get atleast 6 people.  :P  Of course that would mean I would need to cut one of you in fractions and yaddha yaddha.  Don't worry I've got some great roles in mind, have fun.  Woo!  I got alot of people so far!

Send all PM's to me too!

PLAYER LIST:

Mr.Person the Bold - Clint Eastwood - P
Duke 2.0 the Brave - Transformin Pants Dude - P
Cheeetar the Benevolent - Really Cunning Bad Guy - M
Archangel the BOOMER! - Dwarf - P
Pandarsenic the Bedrest - Serious Sam - P
Flintus10 the Builder - Really Cunning Bad Guy - M
Little the Big - Hypnotist Overlord - M
inaluct the Bizarre - Belly Bouncer - P
Rysith the Baby Sniper - Serious Sam - P
Seal God the Barbar - Old Fart - P
SHAD0Wdump the Better - Old Fart - P

PRO-TOWN:
Quote from: Serious Sam
You are one cool dude, with that manly chin of yours you are to immediatly announce who you are or suffer the conscience.  You can target one guy each night to kill and you always get your ali--man.  Pro-Town.
Quote from: Clint Eastwood
You are one awesome western guy.  You cannot be killed unless you are lynched, which I doubt will happen.  You are afraid of people that quack alot.  Pro-Town.
Quote from: Transformin Pants Dude
You are just some normal dude with cool pants.  Pro-Town.  But on the 3rd night you convert into a Pro-Mafia and can kill one person each night (not on that night though).  You're harmless beforehand and nobody will know!  You are going to be some backstabber when night 3 comes.
Quote from: Dwarf
You are a dwarf from Dwarf Fortress, your only ability is that you can shout profanity and drink booze alot alot.  MMMMMmmmmmmmmmm.  Pro-Town.  In other words, you're as useful as a box full of water.
Quote from: Belly Bouncer
You can jiggle your belly once during the night and kill someone with its sonic boom.  It's far range so nobody knows who did it.  Pro-Town.  You can only do it once mind you.
Quote from: Old Fart
You're an old guy that kicks people.  You can kick someone if you want, but nothing is going to happen.  Strategize as you must.  Pro-Town.

PRO-MAFIA:
Quote from: Really Cunning Bad Guy
You may kill one person every other day.  When you do you leave evidence of SOMEONE ELSE doing the murder.  Pro-Mafia.  Tell me who you want to kill and frame, if you want to that night, of couse.  I'd advice you use this early because you have a more likelyhood of being alive.
Quote from: Hypnotist Overlord
You can make someone fall asleep during the night, they become totally defenseless and can't take out there action that night.  You appear as Pro-Town to rolechecks.  Pro-Mafia.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 01:07:51 pm by ToonyMan »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia - SignUp?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 06:29:36 pm »

When do you wanna start this? I would like to join, but I'm in a lot of mafias already. Still, go ahead and sign me up, worst case I wind up dropping before it starts.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 06:32:35 pm »

Don't worry, I just wrote up a bunch of roles.  Probably too many for this game, but maybe...

*Signs Mr.Person up

EDIT:  As for the matter of starting this, when I get enough players I guess.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 06:48:40 pm »

I shall assist, for the glory that is the Toon!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 09:36:57 pm »

As a person with a top hat, I would be well suited to your Mafia. I sign up.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 09:43:27 pm »

This it too tempting. I'll make myself a bit of a liar and sign up.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 10:04:28 pm »

Sure you're not going to lose interest, Archangel?

(SigningUpTrue=1)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 10:11:07 pm »

Sure you're not going to lose interest, Archangel?
Considering who's running this, probably not. I won't play if CJ joins though.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 10:28:31 pm »

I'll sign up

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 02:14:29 am »

I'm in.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 03:01:03 am »

Sign me up.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 10:47:18 am »

Woah, ok that's 8 people so far, that's enough to start a game, but I'll wait a bit more.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 03:09:25 pm »

Unless you guys want to start right now?  I just don't want to be unfair to people that don't come on everyday (of course it would be ideal if everyone playing came on everyday)   ;D

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 05:23:38 pm »

Hmmm, I'm wondering if I should keep the roles hidden until the game is over.  That's sounds good.  Yeah I'll go with that.

I might show you what a game would look like later...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2009, 06:07:40 pm »

Ok here's what a default set-up would look like, so far.  Since there is 8 players, there would be 2 Pro-Mafia roles and 6 Pro-Town roles (possibly).  Here's a simple table thing that could happen.

Attempt #1:

Pro-Town:

Mr.Person
Archangel
Pandarsenic
Flintus10
Little
inaluct

Pro-Mafia:

Duke 2.0
Cheeetar

To do this, I used a COMPLETELY pure random number generator and made it choose form 1-4.  If your guy turned up 4, you're Pro-Mafia.  Anything else is Pro-Town.  This time I got 2 Pro-Mafia like it should, however there may be more than 2 mafia(for 8 players)!  But there will never be under 1/4 of the players total. (1 in this case)  Sounds good, no?

Let's try it a few more times to be sure...

Attempt #2:

Pro-Town:

Mr.Person
Duke 2.0
Cheeetar
Archangel
Pandarsenic
Flintus10
Little
inaluct

Pro-Mafia:

none

Well that didn't work, but that just means I won't use this set-up.  If I did people would be pretty pissed that there was no Pro-Mafia at the end.  ;D

Attempt #3:

Pro-Town:

Mr.Person
Duke 2.0
Archangel
Pandarsenic
Little
inaluct

Pro-Mafia:

Cheeetar
Flintus10

Here's another good example, two Pro-Mafia like it should be.  Let me do another for the sake.

Attempt #4:

Pro-Town:

Mr.Person
Duke 2.0
Archangel
Flintus10
Little
inaluct

Pro-Mafia:

Cheeetar
Pandarsenic

Jeez, Cheeetar you just love being Pro-Mafia!  ;D  Anyway, I'm just testing this to see that it works properly and it seems it has.  Let me do one final one and label everyones role (just the name) for some anticapation!

Attempt #5:

Pro-Town:

Mr.Person - Penguin
Duke 2.0 - Serious Sam
Archangel - Serious Sam
Pandarsenic - Bad Guy?!?
Little - Dwarf
inaluct - Bad Guy?!?

Pro-Mafia:

Cheeetar (Oh god you got number 4 again. ;D) - Hypno Toad
Flintus10 - Mutant Beheaded Zombie

Well, Serious Sam and Bad Guy?!? came up twice so that's interesting.  As for the Pro-Mafia they got two of the best roles to get.

Let me just say that there is 17 Pro-Town roles so far and 8 Pro-Mafia roles!  :)  Probably going to be more before this game starts!  COME JOIN!  YOU YES YOU!

I'm also thinking that all the Pro-Mafia guys will immediatly know who each other is for the sake of it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19