Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How do we feel about signatures?  (Read 2194 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do we feel about signatures?
« on: July 12, 2009, 06:59:44 am »

Sure, we love them or we hate them but there's more to them than that. How do you feel about them? Why do you love/hate them?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: How do we feel about signatures?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 07:14:44 am »

I believe they're sadly unused, as illustrated by the tendency for people to sign their posts.
                  -Cheeetar
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 07:19:53 am »

Turned them off. As with avatars, if I need signatures I'll put them on, but I want to read the posts, not some shit about shadows not existing or whatever.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 07:38:04 am »

Turned them off. As with avatars, if I need signatures I'll put them on, but I want to read the posts, not some shit about shadows not existing or whatever.

I made someone turn off signatures!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 08:29:23 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, signatures are nice, they give people personality, help give things publicity and generally give people a laugh.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 09:07:13 am »

I like putting Quotes in them.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 09:18:43 am »

I go through surprisingly great pains to decide on my signature (when it's one of the thoughtful ones and not just sarcasm). Some signatures are better than others, I guess. They all give you some insight into the signer though.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 09:35:26 am »

Masquerading as a man with a reason|My charade is the event of the season|And if I claim to be a wise man|It surely means that I don't know|On a stormy sea of moving emotion|Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean|I set a course for winds of fortune
But I hear the voices say|Carry on my wayward son|There'll be peace when you are done|Lay your weary head to rest|Don't you cry no more
-Carry on Wayward Son (By Kansas)

There was a really funny video in cracked.com which featured this song. (Namely, the "8 reasons why you wont like the Twilight movie").
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ohaeri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 09:58:11 am »

I love 'em, personally. I like to read the hilarious quotes and awesome factoids, and reading people's sigs gives me insight into what kind of people I'm talking to. :D

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 10:01:41 am »

They are just distracting but I Ignore them. I am happy Toady never allowed Picture Signatures.

I didn't know you could turn them off

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 12:55:50 pm »

I do think throwing in random pseudo-philosophical quips or other such irrelevant stuff to be a little annoying just by seeing it, but I don't have a big problem with it.  Especially on this forum though, I think the best use of sig space is quoting other people's pearls of wit.  That way, other people get to enjoy one-liners and bizarre conversations they weren't part of.

And I'm not just saying that because there's like four people with quotes from me in their sigs...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 01:07:11 pm »

I believe that they are good to have, as long as they aren't too long. One or two lines is perfect.
Eh?
Eh!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 01:14:52 pm »

I do think throwing in random pseudo-philosophical quips or other such irrelevant stuff to be a little annoying just by seeing it, but I don't have a big problem with it.  Especially on this forum though, I think the best use of sig space is quoting other people's pearls of wit.  That way, other people get to enjoy one-liners and bizarre conversations they weren't part of.

And I'm not just saying that because there's like four people with quotes from me in their sigs...

Bullshit.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 01:21:02 pm »

I think you hit the character limit.  Which makes it a little funnier, along with how I mangled the first sentence.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2009, 02:31:49 pm »

The signature is a signature. I always put the clock thing there, regardless of where I am.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.
Pages: [1] 2