Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What does Bay12 make of this?  (Read 613 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
What does Bay12 make of this?
« on: July 14, 2009, 08:58:45 am »

So I was browsing 4chan's /x/ board today and came across this

In case you don't want to read the story, the gist of it is that the author found a computer in the trash, when he plugged it into his monitor he found a single .avi file in a folder called "barbie".  The video was an hour long, and showed a woman apparently being questioned.  At  the very end of the video is several minutes of the camera apparently being carried along some train tracks, and eventually veering off onto a plywood trail through the woods.  The author went to the train tracks in question and found the walkway, and followed it to an abandoned house.  The house had obviously been occupied recently, a new door had been installed to an internal room and locked, there were folding chairs and tables, and the bathroom contained a tarp that still had droplets of water on it. 

At first nobody really believed him, then he started posting pictures he took of the house.  That wasn't very compelling evidence, so he posted screencaps of the video, including one of the woman touching the underside of her arm and mouthing the word "skin"(Which is mentioned in his summary of the video.)

Needless to say, it got cranked up to 11, and everyone's freaking out.  The bay12 forums seem to be quite a bit smarter than the rest of the internet, so I decided to find out what you guys think.  I still think it's probable that it's just some very well-done creepypasta, but it's becoming very compelling.  My theory is that the house is a snuff studio(Which explains the tarp and the locked door), someone else suggested a back-alley plastic surgery clinic, which explains her apparent unhappiness with her skin.  What do you think is going on?

Word of caution, /x/ is pretty SFW, but it's still 4chan, so if you're unwilling to stumble upon some kind of obscene image, beware.

EDIT:  Never mind, apparently it was just a very skilled troll leading us all on.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 09:23:26 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What does Bay12 make of this?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 10:03:58 am »

EDIT:  Never mind, apparently it was just a very skilled troll leading us all on.

I was about to say something like that.

Give me an old video camera, two days, and a couple friends, and I will make you believe.
!!&!!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 10:35:31 am »

anyone who has been to 4chan more than once should know that any story told there will be heavily doctored, in the rare case it's not a lie from beggining to end.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 11:06:03 am »

In b4 YHBT.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.