Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS) Puts Furries On Notice  (Read 5010 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS) Puts Furries On Notice
« on: July 14, 2009, 09:18:37 pm »

Or rather, has filed a Declaration of War against the Island of Doctor Moreau.

Seriously.  He really introduced a bill for vote banning the creation of "human-animal hybrids" from reconstituted embryos.  As if such a thing had ever happened ever anywhere ever.  Well, technically the British might do it, but who doesn't want a real life Spiderman with a cockney accent?  His floor speech for the introduction including riffing on mermaids and centaurs.  I guess with Rick "Man-On-Dog" Santorum consigned to history, Brownback decided to step up and fill the batshit crazy anti-beastophilia gap left in Congress.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS) Puts Furries On Notice
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 09:29:07 pm »

ok what? how the hell did he even think this was some sort of pressing issue? did scientists suddenly come up with a plan for this that gave him the idea, or what?

also: admit it, everyone is furry for Krystal :P

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 10:42:26 pm »

It's obvious, isn't it? He wants all the animal-hybrid superpowers for himself! I suspect his experiments have already granted him perfect nightvision, underwater breathing, spontanious limb regeneration, a prehensile tongue, paralytic saliva, telepathic control of sea creatures, and tear-ducts that shoot angry bees. FOR SCIENCE!

Ohaeri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 10:42:33 pm »

I would have waited until this came close to ever actually becoming an issue before bringing it up, but okay. After all, we know there's nothing else pressing at the moment that needs to be dealt with, right? /sarcasm

also: admit it, everyone is furry for Krystal :P

*shudder* Ugh.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 10:45:11 pm »

I'm furry.

That politican dude is a homocentric, narrow-minded bastard.

RAAAAAAGE!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 10:50:17 pm »

I'm furry.

RAAAAAAGE!
I'm a normal person.

You are a homocentric narrow-minded bastard.

Slight unease.

But onto topic, why doesn't he just go for a precursor to this(Cloning and genetic engineering on humans) like every other politician? Unless there is something in that field he wants, and the animal hybrids field is not part of his agenda. What agenda? I don't know, politicians seem to wear them like clothes nowadays.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 10:58:31 pm »

The thing I find strangest about this is that it seems to treat genetic experiments as ethical as long as they don't include human DNA. Modifying pig genes so they produce more meat but live in constant pain? A-OK! Mixing human and animal DNA in any way, even to repair hereditary disease triggering genes? Crime against nature.

Ohaeri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 10:58:53 pm »

I'm furry.

RAAAAAAGE!

I can agree with you on one level, and on the other I see that the senator does have a bit of a point. Especially in regards to item 5: "with an increase in emerging zoonotic infection threatening the global public health, human-animal hybrids present a particularly optimal means of genetic transfers that could increase the efficiency or virulence of diseases threatening both humans and animals."

Regardless of what you think about the sanctity of human life or what have you, making human-animal hybrids can carry some dangers that we may not want to mess with.

The thing I find strangest about this is that it seems to treat genetic experiments as ethical as long as they don't include human DNA. Modifying pig genes so they produce more meat but live in constant pain? A-OK! Mixing human and animal DNA in any way, even to repair hereditary disease triggering genes? Crime against nature.

Don't you know, only human life is sacred.

(No really, there are a lot of people out there who actually believe this.)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 11:08:41 pm »

Reading the actual bill, I'm seriously scared, this is like some pancake cyberpunk government conspiracy movie.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 11:54:21 pm »

From Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri;

Why do you insist that the human genetic code is "sacred" or "taboo"? It is a chemical process and nothing more. For that matter -we- are chemical processes and nothing more. If you deny yourself a useful tool simply because it reminds you uncomfortably of your mortality, you have uselessly and pointlessly crippled yourself.
!!&!!

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 12:02:15 am »

He's gonna be dead before japan figures out how to make a race of catgirls anyway.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 12:08:24 am »

He's gonna be dead before the Japanese figures out how to become a race of catgirls anyway.
fixed.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 12:09:25 am »

A goddam shame people believe things can be sacred.

I will agree with this guy purely because I know some guy filled with piercings of every kitchen appliance and every inch of his body tattooed will take shock body modifications to a new, creepier level.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 12:13:22 am »

A goddam shame people believe things can be sacred.

I will agree with this guy purely because I know some guy filled with piercings of every kitchen appliance and every inch of his body tattooed will take shock body modifications to a new, creepier level.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Did someone say cat man?

EDIT: spoilered cause it's so scary
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 12:20:27 am by Rashilul »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 12:15:56 am »

You see, when genetic modifications come out that will become 1000x worse.

Or better, if you are the population that is into that. A population so small my dislike for it outweighs the like of the entire population.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5