Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's Play King of Dragon Pass | We're not dead yet

(1/16) > >>

Mr.Person:
King of Dragon Pass is a PC game made in 1999 where you're the leader of a tribe of warriors, farmers, crafters, and asshole "advisers". The whole game has a lot of Celtic influence and awesomeness, so I thought you guys might like it. Gameplay is fairly simple, you give general orders for what you want your people to do (explore here, throw a feast, go raiding, stuff like that) and then a situation happens. You get some options, you pick one, and good or bad things happen. Seems simple enough, right? Yeah, but this game is also stupidly hard for no reason at all. The warriors suck, there's never enough food, everyone hates you, and your advisers are all braindead dolts. In other words, it's awesome!

I'll handle most of the stuff we do, but I'll leave you guys in charge of the initial choices, where to put the magic into (you pick every year), choices for all the dilemmas that pop up, and, if you guys want, what to do during the year, such as raiding, exploring, finding new magic, whatever, otherwise I'll just do stuff and tell you guys what I did. For all our decisions, if a bunch of people can all agree or mostly agree, I'll do it, but if there's no majority, then I might ask for everyone to decide between two things. This is only for really debated things though, since I know how important it is to keep the game going.

Additionally, I recommend you guys try this game and tell me what you think. Hopefully, this thread will convince you just how awesome this old game is! Besides, if you just look at the pictures, you miss the looping music, cheesy animations, and terrible artwork that pops up (The backrounds of these pictures are shown in color, then turn brown, for example)

Anyways, here's the title screen in all it's 1999 glory. My screen is about twice as big as this, so there's an insane amount of black space around this thing.

Well, we want to play a game here, so we start a new one.

Yadda yadda, back story, ok. Here's the first set of choices.

All the choices lead to the same next scene, so we would get these in this order anyways.

This might take awhile, so hold on tight!

Don't worry, these don't go on forever.

Good news, bad news. Good news is, no decision for this one. Bad news is, you're not even half-way done.

We can change this one later at any time, so don't sweat it too much.

Lot of choices this time, but it's also probably the most important one.

Another story pic

Alright, now the good stuff.

Before going on, pick that one first. After you've picked it, click the spoiler to see if you called it right (You get the same thing no matter which option you picked)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anyways, here's the next one. See the black line? That would say War, Balanced, or Peaceful, depending on what we choose.

Finally! Last one! Well, there is another screen, but we'll get to it later.

I also need a name for the tribe. If this looks like a lot of choices, it is, I just didn't want to post them one at a time. You don't have to answer them all, just answer the one's you care about. I don't mind, really. Some of them are a bit dull, after all.

Luckk:
I say 1 for the great marriage, 3 for who we particularly fought with, and 2 for how much land that we took.  For our clan name, the only thing I can think of at the moment is Faroshteg.

IndonesiaWarMinister:
4 for the land.
Isn't it has no disanvantages?

Dwarmin:
Edit: Mmm cake

Mr.Person:

--- Quote from: IndonesiaWarMinister on July 15, 2009, 03:48:52 am ---4 for the land.
Isn't it has no disanvantages?

--- End quote ---

I may be wrong, but as you get more land, more people raid you. Also, it's harder to patrol a large piece of land than a smaller one, so if we take too much, we might not catch raids before they start stealing our shit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version