Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Sooo.... anyone seen this happen before? (HFS Warning)

(1/2) > >>

TerminatorII:
so in year second of my fortress I was happily mining along looking for the underground river, when I struck the BOTTOM of a HFS area. haven't mined out any "special" stone or anything, and yet with a masive pop of 46 I get teh king two years later. (already had the dungeon master but no other nobles) and this is in the fourth year of this fortress, I have only gotten two caravans, gotten sieged by the elves, (first winter but not since) and have only *just* gotten metal working and a dining hall going. (until this year I only had 25 dwarves)

ChairmanPoo:
Wait a sec- so HFS is not in the deepest level by default?

Sphalerite:
There is always a vertical tunnel from the main HFS chamber to a bottomless pit on the bottommost layer, but the main HFS chamber can be some distance above the bottommost map layer.  So it is possible to be mining around on the bottommost layer, hit the glowing pits, and get the mysterious chamber message without ever having seen the 'special' stone..

TerminatorII:
exactly... in this case  I was 5 levels below the surface, and 15 from the bottom of the map. I hit the very bottom most layer of the pit (it was 4 levels tall) I.E. This pit was nearly at the surface.

taf_esra:
Never seen that happen before. It would have been funnier if you hit the top with your starting 7

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version