Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Exploits

(1/4) > >>

ktstyle:
Hello, fellow dwarven gods. Lets collect some exploits and imbalances that make the game too easy.

My share:
The price of prepared food. Especially lavish meals. A single good cook can easily produce enough value to buy out even the first autumn caravan. A stack of staple food roast goes for up to several thousands of dwarfbucks. Later, when ingredients like cheese or dwarven milk become available, prices rise obscenely high. 15000 and more are totally normal then. With maximum value ingredients and a legendary cook, the value can and sometimes does reach 7 digit numbers. So forget your export rock mugs and platinum statues. They are just a waste of time and workforce.

geoduck:
Not quite as bad, but you make a serious dent in a caravan's inventory with the collected armor from just one destroyed Goblin siege.

Slogo:
Note I don't really have a problem with these but...

Carving fortifications into the edge tiles of a map (allows for easy water draining and easy magma proof 'grates'.
Dwarven Atom Smasher (draw bridge crushing all objects to nothingness).
Dwarven black hole a.k.a the garbage dump.
and I think placing a floor tile over an engraved square (I believe this gives you extra value as the engraving isn't destroyed).

Silenoz:
Walls are completely indestructable  ;D

Rowanas:
Building a fortress high up on a cliff and then destroying all the paths up to it. caravans will come to your fortress by the only means possible, while goblin sieges havea 3 in 4 chance of coming in on another edge and wandering about pointlessly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version