Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Catrap

(1/1)

Slayer1557:
Now I'm looking into some way that I can safely eliminate any unwanted pets from my fortress.  I tried making a room with a large bridge, lifting it up, making the room a statue garden, making the door pet impassable, and then removing the statue garden designation.  This was supposed to trap the pets in there while the dwarfs left.  So I could then lower the bridge and crush them all!

Well the problem was that the pets still got out by following the dwarfs as they left.  So I need a good method to kill pets whenever I want.  No magma, no trapped goblins, etc.  Any ideas?

Albedo:
1) restraints

2) a pet lock is actually 2 or 3 adjacent doors, all made pet-impassable.

3) a small room w/ a pet-lock door(s), and spikes outside attached to a lever.  <A>ctivate the pet owner to the military and station them in the room, then deActivate and set them to pulling the lever on repeat.  The pet noses up near the door - problem solved.

taf_esra:
Never tried killing off pets but I bet this would work.

- retractable bridge
D dwarf+lever
S spikes

-------D
SSSSS

Just hook the spikes/bridge up to the lever. alternatively you could use a raised bridge instead of spikes. when the retractable bridge is retracted hook up the raised bridge so you don't have a CATapult.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version