Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

A DFers quest to actually get a migrant wave[i need help, so please look]

(1/2) > >>

x2yzh9:
I need migrants, ive got 8 rooms up for grabs and no migrants are coming, my guys are scraping for food, vermin. I know this is because of plants but i tryed making a outdoor farm in spring, i set it to spring, press enter so the plant is highlited, ive got growers but no one plants. I dont get migrants because well, cant support them, i dont think i'd like to go to a starving place either.

The point is i need halp planting..Help..

tomas1297:
Use hunting,plant gathering or fishing.You might want to find a river to,incase you run out of booze.Make sure you bring lots of food.

For the non-plantingness itself...are you sure its spring?Im quite sure outdoor plants grow every season so you should set planting for every season.

Also more food tips.If you have booze make food out of booze by cooking.

EDIT:Also for migrants.Do your rooms have both beds and table-chair combo's?You'd also want your rooms to be high quality-smoothed and if youre still unsatisfied-engraved.

EDIT:Also Im quite sure a single huge dining room has more quality and therefore lures migrants faster.

lordcooper:
I normally get shit loads, so I can lend you a few if you'd like?

Anyway, can we get some info?

Fortress wealth, season and year would be best.

Samus1111111:
make sure that you have the right seeds for what you are trying to plant

x2yzh9:
well, i think i @$#$ed myself over via choosing a hot climate, NO lakes, NO rivers, a few brown murky water tiles that are unsuitable for irrigation[using mayday graphics pack] it seemed appealing, my fortress is built right into the mountain so mer..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version