Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Signups Closed - game will start Tuesday  (Read 12134 times)

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Signups
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2009, 07:48:26 am »

Hey guys!
What is going on in this thread?
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2009, 08:22:36 am »

I'm in.

I'm sorry for Archangel but I suggest that he be removed from the list.

He has showned carelessness in the last few games and I don't see why he would bother to play this time.  He hurts the game.
Town has won 2/3 of the games so far.  That is a little too much. 

You should also note that I was town in most of the games, so think about THAT!

I'm in, of course.
lol... gloaty josh has no place in mafia... he is always lucky... XD
I might have joined but CJ is in this so I won't.
Then don't.  He plays.  You don't.
What do you have against me Archangel?
Your over competitiveness, but my dislike was mild and is fading fast so I will join.

You were on the winning team last time!
I don't care about whether I win or lose, what I care about is whether or not I have fun. That's why I left last game. Strangely though, soon after I left I wanted to come back in.
You don't care if you win or lose so you don't play... wich spoils OUR fun.
...especially...
You know what that word means don't you? I will still play if I don't get the it, but I really would like that role.
It's random.  What's the point of saying stuff like this?  You want him to give you a good role by intervention?
I'm in, I suppose. What game of Paranormal Mafia isn't complete without me?
it's definetly not.  :)  Hi dopp...
I wonder where Inaluct is. He is usually in Paranormal.
shhhh....
Hey guys!
I suggest you don't join unless you investigate it thoroughly.  It can be VERY confusing.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2009, 09:00:51 am »

Acknowledge my victory! I don't like how you write off all my achievements as sheer dumb luck when I come up with all these brilliant plans to defeat you guys!

How I found out Mr.Person was an investigative role? ME CONTROLLING R1CK! How I controlled Webadict's movements? FROM ME CONTACTING HIM! Why R1ck didn't roleclaim? BECAUSE I TOLD HIM TO! The chain scheme with everyone watching everyone? MY IDEA! The lose-lose night situation with the double lynch at the finale? MY IDEA!

Admit it Alex! I deserve every last drop of the recognition I want! Acknowledge my intellect!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2009, 09:05:14 am »

If Archangel is that person who has quit about half of the Mafia games due to 'boredom' then I support blocking him from ever playing Mafia again.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2009, 09:13:37 am »

Hey guys!
I suggest you don't join unless you investigate it thoroughly.  It can be VERY confusing.
I have followed all of the paranormal mafias, reading trough the "what did people do" PMs posted at the end, I believe I have a very good handle on things thank you very much...

I was refering to the lack of a beginning of the game. (and being a bit silly, I'll stop that... mostly.)
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2009, 09:36:03 am »

Signups have started for Round 7. We'll have a few days for the sign-ups to let people see the thread and get added, as well as any rules changes to get finalized.

Things are going at a good rate. I'll be busy this weekend, so I'll close sign-ups ~5pm Pacific time Monday.

So this round should start sometime this evening (depending on your local time).
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2009, 09:37:11 am »

Does someone think that Archangel should play this game? 
QUOTES FROM LAST GAME:
Quote from: CJ
I vote Frelock because I trust CJ and I don't give a damn about this game.
and I don't give a damn about this game.

I wanted to play when I joined but I've lost interest and I've already said I want to be replaced.
I'm changing my vote so that this game will end sooner and that's pretty much the only reason. Unvote vote A_Fey_Dwarf.

Maybe he should be given an opportunity next game.  But there should be some kind of punishment for this attitude.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2009, 09:38:05 am »

Acknowledge my victory! I don't like how you write off all my achievements as sheer dumb luck when I come up with all these brilliant plans to defeat you guys!

How I found out Mr.Person was an investigative role? ME CONTROLLING R1CK! How I controlled Webadict's movements? FROM ME CONTACTING HIM! Why R1ck didn't roleclaim? BECAUSE I TOLD HIM TO! The chain scheme with everyone watching everyone? MY IDEA! The lose-lose night situation with the double lynch at the finale? MY IDEA!

Admit it Alex! I deserve every last drop of the recognition I want! Acknowledge my intellect!
*Alexhans Acknowledges Chaoticjosh's victory.

I admit that you are constantly good player...  BUT, it's annoying when you pretend that your PLAN worked or something like when what happened (At a critical point) was due to a bad judgement by us, dopps.  Not at all influenced by your play.

also, Josh... The important thing should be that we learn from experience... not that someone acknowledge our success (Remember the IRC ranks, my young padawan :D)
BUT... paranormal has a very good potential for town players who will take the time to add 2 plus 2 and multiply it by 6 obtaining 24 :P  (I mean that you can logically deduce a lot of stuff)

The chain scheme was the way to go once you have MC.  Still, good for you... 

Scum usually needs to take PRs out but it happens that in this game there's just to many PRs to take out so scum will be facing multiple dilemmas... Specially in MC. 

The best thing that can happen to scum is an inactive town.

great then SniHjen... welcome! :)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2009, 10:13:15 am »

Archangel has promised to be good this game, so I'll give him another shot. As long as he keeps his word, I'll be happy. If he doesn't, then we'll take steps from there.

Sign-ups close at 5pm Pacific Time Today! Once that is done I'll roll up the roster and write up the Role PMs and we'll get going.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2009, 10:20:35 am »

I claim a spot!!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2009, 10:24:32 am »

Archangel has promised to be good this game, so I'll give him another shot. As long as he keeps his word, I'll be happy. If he doesn't, then we'll take steps from there.
Fine.  Good game everyone.  And remember...

Webadict is always scum  :D

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2009, 11:52:02 am »

It's true.  ;D  (could someone go back to the previous rounds and check?  It always seems that way and I want evidence, well Alexhans is usually scum too....BUT.......)

Anyway, I hope I get a cool role!  This is my first Paranormal Mafia from the beginning.  Also, the lack of inaluct is disturbing...

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2009, 12:04:35 pm »

I'd say it's soothing...  ;)

anyway... he was a bit lurky in the past games...

Everyone... remember!!! the important thing is to be fairly active to make this an enjoyable experience... Lurking works for scum in b12... let's not allow that to happen.

I was scum in my last 3 bay12 games... (Pirate and LOTR too... but those where not very fun due to game breaking at the start of the game)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2009, 12:45:12 pm »

We're not waiting for Nuke?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2009, 01:21:34 pm »

Anyone know when he gets back from vacation? I sent him an e-mail about it, but haven't heard back yet.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6