Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34

Author Topic: Vote Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 51096 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2009, 09:06:42 pm »

Vote counter, if you are in fact town, use your ability. If my theory holds up at all, then the vote negator type role will be of the type that is used at night, and can't be reversed, and his results will show it.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2009, 09:10:50 pm »

Wait.  If I read it correctly, shouldn't we get more people to vote first?  The Vote Counter can only reveal once per day and will only reveal the current vote state.  So if we use it before the Negative Voter votes, that particular ability won't show up.

Is this correct?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2009, 09:21:25 pm »

Wait.  If I read it correctly, shouldn't we get more people to vote first?  The Vote Counter can only reveal once per day and will only reveal the current vote state.  So if we use it before the Negative Voter votes, that particular ability won't show up.

Is this correct?

Fine we'll wait a bit, but we can infer from existing records that the negative voter is:

Org
inaluct
ToonyMan
Kashyyk
Mephansteras
Frelock
chaoticjosh
JanusTwoFace
Zaithemaster

In bold, Inaluct or Frelock!

Thinking about this now, unvote vote Inaluct.

Hey WA, Inaluct is a bit less active than he used to be, can you PM him and remind him to play?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2009, 09:24:36 pm »

Of course, the Negative Voter could have been a lie if Frelock's scum (he's the one who said it).

This thinking gave me an idea to check the number of roles that have been "revealed" and compare it to the number of people that are still alive. If my counting is correct, then there are 10 known roles for the original 11 people. However, 2 of those are gone. That's 8 known roles for the current 9 people. That means that at least 2 of those are LIES because the status of being part of the mafia is part of the role description. Of course, these lies could just be as simple as omitting the "Mafia" part.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2009, 09:30:52 pm »

I don't get your reasoning Zai, can you explain it a bit better?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 30, 2009, 09:49:08 pm »

Kay.

We "know" 10 roles (going off of the 8 on Pandar's list and adding in Vote Blocker and Triple Voter). There are 11 people. None of these roles have the "mafia" part in them. However, 3 roles are Mafia roles. Depending on whether or not that last role is Mafia, there are 2-3 roles we know of that are either not the whole truth, or flat out lies. Thus, none but those that have been proved to exist (such as Josh's Three Votes and the Vote counter and the 2 dead ones) should be assumed to exist.

Better? If not, I'll try again. I've always been terrible at explaining things.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 30, 2009, 10:09:57 pm »

Except that these roles are coming from what webadict told us, and he wouldn't have said if any of them were mafia-specific roles. At least, I really doubt he would. Especially if some could be either town or mafia.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 30, 2009, 10:20:33 pm »

Except that these roles are coming from what webadict told us, and he wouldn't have said if any of them were mafia-specific roles. At least, I really doubt he would. Especially if some could be either town or mafia.

What? No. These roles are coming from what people say webadict told them. And being part of the mafia is part of the role description.

I'm pretty sure the mafia all got other mafia roles. And even if they didn't, mafia could lie about what they got for various reasons.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 30, 2009, 10:23:34 pm »

Has anyone else had trouble with the "Go To Last Post" button?

Half the time for me it goes to a random post.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2009, 10:23:57 pm »

No, my point is that we're telling people what other role we were told about. I really don't think Webadict would tell us if another role was mafia or not. It'd be too easy to figure out who was mafia if we knew that. I just don't see webadict doing that. He likes to force people to scum-hunt too much to just give out clues like that.

Yes, I agree that the mafia could be lying about the roles they were told about, but the fact that 'mafia' doesn't show up in the descriptions isn't really a clue.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 30, 2009, 10:35:15 pm »

Yes, I agree that the mafia could be lying about the roles they were told about, but the fact that 'mafia' doesn't show up in the descriptions isn't really a clue.

Fine. We shall ask him and hopefully get an answer.

HEY WEBADICT. Did you include the full role description of the "other" roles in the role PMs?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 30, 2009, 10:47:30 pm »

Damn! I'm really starting to regret lynching Mr.Person, he could've had the puzzle piece I need!

Alright, this is pure speculation, but since all the roles are vote based, this'll explain why I'm left alive:

Now, I'm thinking that the role that Mr.Person knew about was some role that completely negates someone else's vote, so my triple vote won't count for anything, so the mafia can leave me alive because I'm not as influential as I think I am, and thus not a threat!

WA, if there were such a role, would the vote counter be able to see it's effects? A simple yes or no will suffice.
Yes.

HEY WEBADICT. Did you include the full role description of the "other" roles in the role PMs?
Yes I do. Your question is "Are any of the roles specifically Mafia?"

The answer is no.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 30, 2009, 10:54:58 pm »

Quote from: webadict

The answer is no.

Kay then. Moving along.

Wait...you do what?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 31, 2009, 12:13:09 am »

Quote from: webadict

The answer is no.

Kay then. Moving along.

Wait...you do what?
Basically. None of them say, "You are mafia."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2009, 12:15:07 am »

A small slip of paper sticks out of the Suggestion Box. "Vote Count?"

Vote Count

Frelock - Zaithemaster, Mephansteras (2)
Mephansteras - Frelock (1)
inaluct - JanusTwoface, chaoticjosh (5)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34